Pearson To Enter Testing Market With Plan To Buy National Computer Systems For $2.5 Billion
- Amer. Cybescasting nets $10.4M. BEAUPREZ, JENNIFER // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/19/98, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p2
Reports on American Cybercasting Corp., a company that provides teachers with Internet-based lesson plans. Purchase by National Computer Systems Inc.; Expected doubling of workforce after acquisition; Net.
- Pearson Completes NCS Acquisition; Appoints New CEO Of NCS Pearson. // Electronic Education Report;09/27/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p7
Reports the acquisition of National Computer Systems by Pearson plc in Upper Saddle River, New Jersey. Change of company name to NCS Pearson; Appointment of David W. Smith as chief executive officer; Impact of the acquisition on the school testing market.
- Scanning sys. measures educational quality. // T H E Journal;Oct95, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p22
Presents the Continuous Measurement Improvement System developed by the National Computer Systems Inc. Includes several software; Warranty; Contact information.
- Sevice with more than a smile. Kleiber, Bob // Communications News;Jan1997, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p19
Discusses how the wireless data communications system helps National Computer Systems (NCS) make good on its promise of service within an hour. Reason why NCS scrapped its old dispatch system; How the company dissected the entire customer service cycle according to Ron De Grote, vice president...
- National Computer Systems stays the course in trust software. Tracey, Brian // American Banker;10/31/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 210, p14
Focuses on the National Computer Systems Inc. of Minneapolis, Minnesota. NCS as early innovator of document-scanning technology; Company under the guidance of chairman Charles Oswald; NCS as one of the top providers of personal and corporate trust systems in banks.
- GE Acquires Infographic Systems. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2002, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p19
Reports on the acquisition of Infographic Systems by General Electric Industrial Systems in Connecticut. Provision of electronic access control; Availability of video imaging; Improvement of electronic security.
- CLARIFICATION. // Bank Loan Report;4/19/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p5
A correction to an article on the cancellation of merger agreement between Cedar Fair LP and Apollo Management LP that was published in the April 12, 2010 issue is presented.
- Pricing Update: ENA Sur Trust. Clouse, Carol J. // Private Placement Letter;8/22/2011, p1
The article reports that the acquisition of Panama's Corredor Sur and its operator, ICA Panama SA, will be funded by a 395 million dollars deal.
- Database. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;03/29/99, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p7
Reports on the public merger and acquisition (M&A) activities in the United States. Target; Acquiror; Deal information.