- Survey: Homebuying Process Too Hard . // American Banker;2/25/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 37, p12
Reports on the difficulty and confusion faced by U.S. homebuyers in the purchasing process, according to a survey commissioned by LandAmerica Financial Group. Delays reported by certain homebuyers in the process; Help sought by homebuyers from real estate agents to sort out their problems;...
- Solo home buyers rising. Wolf, Carol // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/2/93, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p13
Reports on the house buying trend among single men and women in Cleveland. Survey on home buying among singles in 1992 by Chicago Title and Trust Family of Title Insurers; Percentage of home purchase by singles; Comment by John Lynch, head of the Cleveland Area Board of Realtors, on the factors...
- Soggy sites. Dey, R. // Country Living;Mar1991, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p150
Urges prospective home buyers to determine if a home is adjacent to or on a flood plain. Common problems facing homeowners with flooded properties; Typical sites to avoid purchasing.
- Brooklyn buyers. Malanga, Steve // Crain's New York Business;11/16/98, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p6
Presents an analysis of home buyers in Brooklyn, New York City.
- Guide to making dream house come true. Evarts, Eric C. // Christian Science Monitor;1/20/98, Vol. 90 Issue 37, pB6
Provides information on finding your dream house. Researching the neighborhood; Price appreciation; Education; Price; Why it is important to be patient; Visiting a number of homes before purchasing. INSET: To find the right house, look for the right broker.
- Home sales up as average price drops. // Inside Tucson Business;04/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p20
Reports on increased home buying statistics in Tucson, Arizona for February 1997.
- Median home selling price. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/3/95, Vol. 42 Issue 14, 1995 LI Almanac p30
Presents charts illustrating house buying activities in 1994 in Long Island, New York. Median home selling price; Trends in average home selling price; Trends in number of home sales; Trends in number of homes sold.
- Best markets for first-time homebuyers. Winzer, Ingo // Mortgage Banking;Aug95, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p14
Discusses a number of problems facing American homebuyers as of 1995. Fewer financial resources; Higher home prices; Unfriendly markets in West and Northeast; Better prospects in the South and Midwest; Best markets for first-time buyers; Opportunities for mortgage bankers.
- TRANSACTIONS. // Ski;Oct2003, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p120
Provides information on several dwellings and condominium units ideal for skiing vacations that are for sale in the U.S. as of October 2003.
- A Two-stage Housing Choice Forecasting Model. Tu, Yong; Goldfinch, Judy // Urban Studies (Routledge);Apr96, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p517
A new housing choice forecasting model is developed here to answer a practical question: how to forecast housing demand at a disaggregate level. Being different from the previous housing choice models, this model is derived from housing sub-market structure based on a random utility approach....