Salomon Smith Barney Joins BondBook Team
- All-or-none strikes back: Salomon wins Portland Internet deal. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;04/22/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30377, p30
Focuses on the success of the all-or-none bid made by Salomon Smith Barney Inc. on Portland, Oregon's 29-million-dollars venture into cyberspace. Sale of the issue through MuniAuction, an Internet-bidding system developed by Grant Street Advisors; Aspects of the deal; Other all-or-none bids.
- Paine, Salomon Weakly Embrace Online Trading. Chapelle, Tony; Horowitz, Jed // On Wall Street;Jul99, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p13
Reports that PaineWebber and Salomon Smith Barney will be offering their versions of Internet trading. Tentative schedule online trading by Solomon Smith Barney; Why Paine is much less pressured than many of its competitors; Pru Advisor plan from Prudential.
- Citi's New Online Effort Has Roots in Solly. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;12/04/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p6
Focuses on the technology adopted by Citigroup Inc.for its Cititrade online securities brokerage service. Similarity with the technology that supports Salomon Smith Barney Inc.'s online trading service; Target investors of the Citigroup service; Technology features.
- Salomon Adds On-Line Trades; Amex Sets Up Brokerage Site. TALLEY, KAREN // American Banker;11/12/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 218, p15
Reports on online brokerage initiatives launched by Salomon Smith Barney and American Express. Salomon's addition of trading capabilities to its Internet brokerage site; American Express' opening of an online brokerage that includes features such as low-cost equity trading, financial planning...
- Cohn Godley Lands Salomon Work. Jones, Sarah // Adweek New England Edition;11/02/98, Vol. 35 Issue 44, p3
Focuses on Cohn Godley Norwood's development of a database-driven intranet site for Wilmington, Delaware-based financial services company, Salomon Smith Barney. What the site can provide; Views of William Rice of Salomon Smith Barney Consulting; Managing officers of Salomon; Other interactive...
- World-Wise Web: The five best online bookmarks. // Ecologist;Nov2000, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p16
Presents updates on Web sites related to the trade practice as of November 2000. Information on debt bondage in Nepal at antislavery.org/homepage/campaign/bonded.htm; Site that support the demands for changes in international trade rules; Web site that has access to Michael Carpenter, chief...
- 68 Electronic Trading Systems Identified. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;09/20/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30979, p2
Reports on the increase in the number of electronic trading systems for fixed-income products in the United States since 1997, according to a survey by the Bond Market Association.
- Salomon-Barney cost savings are just on target. Horowitz, Jed // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/16/98, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p7
Presents information on the headcount and projected cost savings of Salomon Smith Barney. Comments from James Dimon, co-chief executive of the company; Estimated number of persons who left the company's payroll; Expectations of megamergers among financial service firms; Detailed information on...
- Salomon loses a top block trader as effort stalls. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/06/98, Vol. 64 Issue 14, p7
States that Salomon Smith Barney's equity block trading business suffered a setback the week of April 4, 1998, after losing its co-head of block trading, Bill Schneider. Company that has employed Schneider; Changes made in management due to loss of Schneider; Information pertaining to the firm.