Austin Learns the High Price of Education in Central Texas
- TEXAS: Bonds Build New School. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/10/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33976, p9
The article reports on the decision of Sabine Independent School District in east Texas to build its first elementary school since 1932 in Liberty City, Texas with proceeds from 19.8 million dollars of general obligation bonds approved by voters in May 2013.
- LOUISIANA: Offshoot District Eyes $100M. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/1/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32869, p9
The article reports on the $100 million bond issue proposed by the East Baton Rouge Parish school district in Louisiana. The bond is supported by increases in the parish sales tax and property tax. Its proceeds will be used in constructing a school complex that would consolidate and replace the...
- New School Under Way With Proposition MM Funds. // San Diego Business Journal;4/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p18
Reports on the San Diego Unified School District's construction of Cherokee Point Elementary School in City Heights, the first elementary school funded by Proposition MM. Construction costs; Work to be done by design/build teams such as Erickson-Hall Construction Co. and HMC Architects; Passage...
- Market Close: Credit Spreads at 32-Month Low as Ukraine Worries Fade. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;3/5/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34070, p1
The article offers information municipal bonds in the U.S. and Ukraine. Topics discussed include issuance of new municipal bond, view of Bernard Garruppo, chief executive officer of Granite Springs Asset Management, on the crisis in the Ukraine, and issuing of school building bonds worth 26.65...
- Fort Worth ISD To Offer $271M for Refunding, New Projects. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;3/23/2015, p29
The article reports on refunding and school construction bonds to be launched by the Fort Worth Independent School District in Texas. Topics discussed include the bonds' carriage of the Texas Permanent School Fund's triple-A guarantee, their maturity from 2016 to 2040, and expected pricing on...
- Everett, Mass., readies debt sale for much-needed school construction. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;07/19/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30685, p30
Reports on the preparations of Everett, Massachusetts to market municipal bonds to fund a major school building construction. State funding levels and reimbursement schedules; Construction of kindergartens through eight-grade schools and high school.
- Tennessee Districts Scramble to Meet Reduced Class-Size Law. Powers, Mary Buckner // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/12/98, Vol. 241 Issue 14, p12
Focuses on the efforts of the school districts in Tennessee to build school buildings to meet the state legislature's demand to reduce the number of student per classrooms. Information on the estimated amount of funds needed by the school districts for the construction of the buildings;...
- Bond program pays off. // American School & University;Feb99, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p15
Details the construction at Denison Independent School District in Dallas, Texas. Building additions at Houston, Hyde Park and Lamar Elementary Schools; Other schools in the district that will receive building additions; When the construction began; Role of JPJ Architects in the construction.
- Cost of upgrading schools in Eugene (Ore.) district: $244 million. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;4/19/2012, p7
The article cites a report from "The Eugene Register-Guard" on the cost of repairing and refurbishing the aging school facilities in the Eugene, Oregon district.