Calif. County Sues Salomon And Others
- Dealers Hit With Copycat Pricing Suit. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31556, p1
Reports that Jerome Herman, an investor in San Diego, California has filed a lawsuit against Salomon Smith Barney Inc. and other broker-dealers charging the firms excessively marked up municipal securities in the secondary market trades. Details of other similar case filed against Salomon Smith...
- Bias settlement dealt a setback. Roberts, Sally // Business Insurance;07/06/98, Vol. 32 Issue 27, p55
States that Salomon Smith Barney Incorporated's discrimination and harassment settlement was not approved by Judge Constance Baker Motley of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. Why Motley rejected the settlement; Who represented the plaintiffs in case;...
- HBO sues Salomon Smith Barney for its role in a deal gone bad. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/26/98, Vol. 64 Issue 43, p3
Focuses on a suit filed by HBO & Co. against Salomon Smith Barney for prematurely leaking the news of the merger between HBO and McKesson Corp. Impact of the leak on merger negotiations between the two; Decline in the stock price of HBO on the exact day the news leaked out; Salomon actions...
- Collier County clerk sees suit resolving issuers' concerns. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/17/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30664, p5
Reports on the lawsuit against bond brokerage firm Salomon Smith Barney Inc. filed by Dwight Brock, clerk of Collier County, Florida. Case background; Brock's assertion that the lawsuit would resolve municipal bond issuers' complaints about markups and yield burning by bond brokers.
- San Bernardino May Expand Suit Over Alleged 'Kickbacks'. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30994, p4
Reports on the plan of San Bernardino County, California officials to expand the lawsuit they filed against Salomon Smith Barney Inc. Overseas trips given by Peter Morrison, a senior vice president for investments in the company; Favors given to gain bond underwriting business.
- SSB, Other Defendants Seek Dismissal of Calif. County Case. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31200, p5
Reports on the lawsuit filed by San Bernardino County, California against Salomon Smith Barney Inc., Peter Morrison and a mutual fund. Details of the lawsuit.
- Smith Barney Ends Phase I Of Sales Assistant Settlement. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Apr99, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p13
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney has begun tabulating claims from employees who say they were owed overtime pay. Amount of payments given to employees; Details on the class-action lawsuit filed against the company; Advice for brokers regarding overtime work of their assistants.
- Lissack faces charge of harassing firm. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;08/04/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30449, p25
Reports that former investment banker Michael Lissack has arrested on charges of aggravated harassment on former employer, Salomon Smith Barney Inc. Wrongful termination suit Lissack filed against the firm; Lissack's contrivance of a story regarding a sick child; Corrupt practices in the United...
- Chicago Bears. Smolowe, Jill; Sandler, Barbara // People;08/16/99, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p113
Profiles two Illinois attorneys who handled a sexual discrimination lawsuit brought against the brokerage house of Salomon Smith Barney. Details of the case being handled by Mary Stowell and Linda Friedman; Amount of money received in settlement payments as of August 1999.