- Pennsylvania solid-waste deal seeks to overcome sector's taint. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;09/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30729, p32
Reports on Eagle Land Management's plans to issue tax-exempt non-rated bond to finance its solid-waste business in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Deal structure; Investor interest in the solid-waste sector; Co-managers of the deal.
- Fiscally Troubled N.J. Trash Hauler In Default on $16.3 Million Issue. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;07/25/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30939, p4
Reports that trash hauling company Bridgewater Resource Inc. has defaulted on tax-exempt revenue bonds that were issued in 1999 through the New Jersey Economic Development Authority. Amount of the bonds; History of the company's financial trouble.
- Bond ratings favor diversification. Gynn, Ann M. // Waste News;03/27/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 45, p3
Highlights the bond rating system that Fitch IBCA will use on municipal solid waste operators. Impact of diversification on improving bond ratings; Waste management companies that increased ratings due to the rating system of Fitch; Public-private partnerships in the municipal solid waste sector.
- Tra$headed Ca$h: Contractor Credit Risks That Can Trash Your MSW System. Hornig, Constance // MSW Management;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p148
Discusses how to avert and remedy haulers' credit risks to ensure stable cash flow and consistent and reliable municipal solid waste services. Steps in sizing a performance bond; Required component costs of a performance bond, if the hauler collects rates and charges; Disadvantages of allowing...
- IRS Auditing Another Waste Management Borrowing. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;4/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32370, p4
The article reports on the $15 million audited by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service of exempt facilities bonds sold by the Arkansas Development Finance Authority (ADFA). The $15 million of Series 2001 adjustable-mode exempt facilities revenue bonds released by ADFA was sold to finance Waste...
- WASTE MANAGEMENT COMPANIES. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p32
A list of the top waste management companies in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on the number of local employees is presented, including Republic Services, Evergreen Recycling and Industrial Waste Utilization.
- Buyers beware when spec'ing truck replacement parts Sturgess, Steve // World Wastes;Aug1992, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p50
No abstract available.
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Mar1997, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the acquisition and contract developments of the landfill industry in the United States as of March 1997. Eastern Environmental Services Inc.'s acquisition of the R&A Benedr Inc. landfill and collection operations; US Manufacturing Inc.'s acquisition of GDS Screens Inc.; $1.3 million...
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Mar1997, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p8
Reports on contracts and distributors in the refuse disposal industry in the United States as of March 1997. Rader Resource Recovery Inc.'s contract from Reciclados Industriales de Mexico (RIMEX); Rust Environment and Infrastructure's $8 million; Mid-Atlantic Plastic Systems, Inc. appointed the...