Orlando and Orange County Screening New Advisers
- Fill-in Gives RBC Product, Florida Retail. Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // American Banker;12/17/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 241, p1
Royal Bank of Canada continued its U.S. dealmaking Tuesday by announcing a deal for William R. Hough & Co., one of Florida's largest underwriters of municipal bonds. The Toronto bank said that the Saint Petersburg broker-dealer would give RBC Dain Rauscher Inc. a foothold in the Florida public...
- Timing is everything for Orlando aviation agency's swap. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;03/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30593, p32
Reports on the savings realized by the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority from the forward interest-rate swap it completed in Florida in February 1999. Estimated savings from the deal; Background on the swap deal; Reason for the savings; Negotiations closed for the swap.
- Hough open 2-man Baltimore office. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;09/26/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30239, p33
Focuses on William R. Hough & Co.'s (WRHC) opening of an office in Baltimore, Maryland. Focus of the office on housing and public finance; Other offices opened by the company; WRHC's main objective in opening the Baltimore office.
- SEC looking into Hough role in '93 Florida county refunding. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;09/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30221, p1
Reports on the US Securities & Exchange Commission's (SEC) probe into the role of William R. Hough & Co. as both financial adviser and provider of escrow securities for a 1993 advance funding in Charlotte County, Florida. Alleged yield-burning abuses in the transactions; Former County...
- Hough wins FA contract with Pinellas County, Fla. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;03/30/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30361, p40
Reports that Pinellas County, Florida has awarded a multiyear contract for financial advisory services to William R. Hough & Co. Deal made by William R. Hough & Co. being investigated for possible yield burning; Reason why the company won the bid.
- WILLLIAM R. HOUGH & CO. // Bond Buyer;9/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31730, p8
Presents a chart depicting the financial result gained by William R. Hough & Co. in the U.S.
- Florida. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;09/25/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30238, p27
Reports that the Seminole County School District, Florida, has selected William R. Hough & Co. to run the books on a certificate of participation deal scheduled to sell in early 1998. Refunding and new-money debt expectations.
- Hough debuts in Nebraska after nabbing Omaha firm. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;03/30/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30609, p21
Reports on the bond issue of William R. Hough & Co. in Nebraska. Acquisition of MBU Inc.; Use of the funds from the bond issue.
- Hough, Charlotte County, Fla., in yield-burning settlement. McEntee, Christopher; Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;04/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30630, p26
Reports on William R. Hough & Associates Co.'s agreement to settle a legal dispute with Charlotte County, Florida, over financial advice and the pricing of escrow securities on two bond issues sold in early 1990s. Cost of the settlement; Terms of the agreement; Plans of the firm to shield the...