Firm wins new life
Tags: GREAT Lakes Pulp Co.
- Great Lakes opens Mich. mill. // Waste News;8/19/96, Vol. 2 Issue 14, p6
Reports on the opening of Great Lakes Pulp & Fibre's deinked market pulp mill in Menominee, Michigan on July 29, 1996.
- Great Lakes Pulp and Fibre mill plays down `Deinked' label. Ferguson, Kelly H.; Glowacki, Jeremy J. // Pulp & Paper;Mar96, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p167
Reports that Great Lakes Pulp & Fibre in Menominee, Michigan, has plans of reshaping the deinked pulp market. Projections on deinked pulp production for June 1996; Views of Terry Nelson, senior vice president; Background information on the company; Quality of Great Lakes' pulps.
- Fine paper deink mill planned for Michigan. // Pulp & Paper;May94, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p23
Reports that Great Lakes Pulp & Fibre Inc. has received financing and all necessary approval to build a mixed office waste deinking facility at Menominee, Michigan. Target date for groundbreaking; Reason for the selection of the Menominee site; Production of high-grade deinked pulp from mixed...
- Pair could purchase W.Va. mill. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;01/12/98, Vol. 3 Issue 34, p3
States that Cerberus Partners of New York and Oaktree Capital Management of Los Angeles offered to purchase a deinked pulp mill located in Menominee, Michigan. Attempts by Balaclava Enterprises Limited to take over the mill; Details on the two companies taking control over Great Lake Pulp;...
- U.P. economy welcomes Menominee paper recycling plant. Power, Christine // Fedgazette;Jan1993, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p17
Reports that Great Lakes Pulp & Fibre Co. will begin construction on a de-inking facility in Menominee in Michigan's Upper Peninsula in late summer 1993. Permanent jobs to be generated by the plant; Use of a hydrogen-based bleach in the plant.
- Great Lakes starts building mill. // Pulp & Paper;Feb95, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p21
Reports on Great Lakes Pulp & Fibre Inc.'s construction of a mixed office waste paper deinking mill in Menominee, Michigan. Plan to start operations by mid-1996; Production of air-dried market pulp for use in printing/writing paper grades; Thermo Electron Corp. of Waltham, Massachusetts as the...
- Aspen Bay Pulp nears financing. // Pulp & Paper;Dec2000, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p17
Reports on the financing received by Aspen Bay Pulp & Fibre for its bleached chemi-thermomechanical pulp mill in Menominee, Michigan. Progress in the construction of the mill; Location of the mill; Capacity of the mill.
- High Quality DIP, Customer Relationships Ensure Success for Great Lakes Pulp & Fibre. Cody, Harold // Pulp & Paper;Sep2002, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p39
Features sister mills Great Lakes Pulp & Fiber (GLPF) and American Fiber Resources (AFR) that have survived the tough conditions of the deinked market pulp industry in the U.S. Reason for the survival of the mills; Capacity of the GLPF facility in Menominee, Michigan; Information on the...
- K-C sale to Harmac Pacific terminated. // Pulp & Paper;Apr98, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p21
Reports the termination of Kimberly-Clark Corporation's agreement to sell two Canadian pulp mills to Harmac Pacific Incorporated. Value of the mills; Information on the reorganization at Skeena Cellulose Incorporated and Great Lakes Pulp & Fibre company.