RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA
- IHS Global Insight Report: Latvia (Country Intelligence). // Latvia Country Monitor;Dec2009, p1
The article presents IHS Global Insight Inc.'s forecasts for the economic and political developments in Latvia, as well as its business environment. The country's economy, currency, foreign relations and domestic development are outlined. The IHS forecasts that Latvia's economy will experience a...
- Latvia. // International Country Risk Guide Annual: Latvia;2012, p87
The article presents a country risk analysis for Latvia for year 2012. The assessment provides the country's political, financial, economic and composite risk ratings. It offers a commentary on key events, political challenges and policy implications facing the country, including the impact of...
- IMF Expresses Doubts About Anti-Inflation Plan. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p11
The article presents an economic forecast for Latvia from 2007 and 2008. The International Monetary Fund warns that the export sector could suffer from uncontrolled trade imbalances due to the overheating domestic economy and high inflation rate. The plan of the government to reduce inflation...
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p12
The article offers news briefs in Latvia including the political risk, economic risk and business.
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;
The article reports on the political, economic, and business environment risks in Latvia including the need to cut social spending of the government which was indicated by the finance ministry, the unemployment rate which decreased to 19.4 percent during the second quarter of 2010, and the...
- Latvia: 2014 Country Review. Youngblood Coleman, Denise // Latvia Country Review;7/1/2014, preceding p1
The article presents the 2014 issue of the journal "CountryWatch Country Review" that highlights the demographic, political, socio-cultural, environmental and investment information of Latvia including its national security, government spending and stock market.
- Partner Links. // Latvia Country Review;2011, p126
The article lists the international and regional partners who have contributed in giving economic and political information related to Latvia including Center for International Business Studies, Asian Country Information, and Business News Americas.
- Country Overview. // Latvia Country Review;2012, p1
The article offers information on the political and economic conditions in Latvia including its independence from foreign dominion from Russia, implementation of a comprehensive economic reform, and the worsening economic crisis which triggered an unprecedented riot.
- Riga is a ghost town. Pyzik, Agata // New Statesman;8/16/2013, Vol. 142 Issue 5170, p17
The article looks at political and economic conditions in Latvia as of August 2013, noting the austerity economic policies the country has followed in recent years and its planned entry into the eurozone and discussing youth out-migration and conflict between ethnic Latvians and other residents.