RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA
- Slovaks ready to buy back gas utility SPP. // Utility Week;10/31/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p32
The article reports on the statement issued by Slovak Prime Minister Robert Fico regarding the Slovak government's decision to buyback the 49% stake in gas supplier Slovensky Plynarensky Priemysel (SPP) held by GDF and Eon. Energy regulator Ãšrad pre regulÃ¡ciu siet'ovÃ½ch odvetvÃ...
- SLOVAKIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2009, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p8
The article presents risk summary of Slovakia in terms of political, economic and business environment. Robert Fico, Slovakia's prime minister, is looking opt-out clauses same to those being negotiated by the Czech Republic for the European Union's (EUs) Lisbon Treaty. It notes that there is an...
- The Joy of Surplus Politics. Barnes, James A.; Baumann, David; Cohen, Richard E. // National Journal;3/03/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p324
Highlights the use of United States (U.S.) President George W. Bush on surplus politics to convince the public on his tax cut proposal. Reaction of the U.S. Congress on his proposal; Survey on Bush's speech concerning his proposal; Implications of the proposal.
- Citizens of Seven Additional Countries to Travel the U.S. Visa-Free Through Visa Waiver Program. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2008 Q4, Special section p1
The article reports on the announcement by U.S. President George W. Bush regarding the addition of seven countries to the U.S. Visa Waiver Program (VWP), bringing total participating countries to 34. Starting late November 2008, citizens of the seven countries will be permitted to travel to the...
- SLOVAKIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p8
The article offers news briefs in Slovakia including the political risk, economic risk and business.
- SLOVAKIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p8
The article presents a summary of political and economic risks, as well as the business structure of Slovakia.
- SLOVAKIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p8
The article presents the political, economic and business risks of Slovakia in 2010 which include the public support for the Social Democracy (Smer) party, the increase in consumer price inflation to 0.3% year-on-year in March and the belief of investors that lack of transparency and corruption...
- SLOVAKIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;
The article reports on the political, economic, and business environment risks in Slovakia including the centre-right coalition which secures a winning vote in the Parliament on its policy mandate, an increase on consumer price inflation by 1.0 percent year-on-year from the data released by the...
- Country Reports - Slovakia. // Slovakia Country Monitor;2015, p1
A country report for Slovakia is presented from publisher IHS Inc., with topics including economic growth, political and economic risks, and economic forecasting.