External Debt Growth to Slow Considerably in H2
- Outlook and Assumptions: Alternative Scenarios. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Mar2012, p3
The article forecasts alternative scenarios that could affect the economic development in Slovakia in 2012, including weaker gross domestic product (GDP) growth, better economic performance and the impact of the victory of center-right parties in the March 2012 election on business environment.
- Outlook and Assumptions: Alternative Scenarios. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Jun2012, p4
The article forecasts the economic performance of Slovakia as of June 2012 with regards to its alternative scenarios wherein gross domestic product (GDP) growth is expected to be weak if key export markets in Europe underperform.
- Sticking With Longer-Term Koruna Strength. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p8
Offers an economic outlook for Slovakia for 2006. Impact of the short-term weakness of its currency, the koruna, on efforts to contain inflation in 2007; Rise in the country's interest rates at the end of May; Outlook for real gross domestic product growth.
- 2010 Growth Outlook Revised Up. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2010, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p8
The article provides information on the outlook of Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) on the economic performance of Slovakia. The BMI projects that the country's real gross domestic product (GDP) will expand by 1.5% in 2010 before posting an average annual rate of expansion of 3.3 %...
- 2.0% Inflation Expected By End-2010. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on the economic outlook for Slovakia. It is believed that the disinflationary trend in consumer prices that has been in play since mid-2008 has come to an end. It is expected that real gross domestic product (GDP) will expand only by 1.5% in 2010 and inflation will come in at...
- Slovakia: Rates On Hold In Short Term. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/3/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 33, p17
The article focuses on the economic condition in Slovakia. The interest rate of the National Bank of Slovakia (NGS) was kept at 4.25 percent. Real gross domestic product (GDP) growth is seen to slow down. The authors predict that economic expansion will go down. A chart showing the 2-week repo...
- Sanguine Fiscal Outlook On Commitment To Austerity. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;
The article offers forecast on the economic outlook, which focuses on the fiscal budget, of Slovakia in 2011. It predicts a decline in the nation's fiscal deficit from 7.9 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2010 to 5.4 percent in 2011. It talks about the possible effects of the nation's...
- Economic Growth: Outlook. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Nov2011, p4
The article offers information on the economic outlook for Slovakia in 2011-2012. It mentions that automotive production should serve as a key driver of growth in late 2011 and into 2012 while the net exports and fixed investment will help compensate for the sluggish growth in household...
- Upbeat On The Koruna. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2006, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p8
The article presents an economic outlook for Slovakia, as of December 2006. Real gross domestic product is forecast to grown at an average of 5.7 percent, which will be driven by a fairly broad-based boom across the economy. More component suppliers to the automotive industry is expected to set...