RISK SUMMARY: POLAND
- A&P To Acquire Pathmark. // Food Logistics;Mar2007, Issue 93, p6
The article reports on a definitive merger agreement between the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co. Inc. (A&P) and the Pathmark Stores Inc. A&P will acquire Pathmark for $1.3 billion in cash, stock and debt assumption or retirement. Under the terms of the transaction, The Tengelmann Group,...
- Jeronimo Martins cuts Polish store opening plans. // Regional Today;10/31/2014, p3
The article reports the food production company Jeronimo Martins pulling out of its expansion plan in Poland.
- Tengelmann: looking to dispose of discount arm. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Nov2007, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p70
The article reports on the sale of German retailer Tengelmann Group after its disposal of Plus' Spanish operations to Carrefour. Edeka and Rewe have expressed their interest in acquiring the business because the acquisition would strengthen their portfolios. The Tengelmann family is expected to...
- Retailer builds logistics center in District 10. Olah, Peter // Budapest Business Journal;11/4/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p1
Reports on Germany-based retailer Tengelmann Gruppe subsidiary's opening of branches in Budapest, Hungary. Plus Food Discount Kft; Kaiser's; Interfuct Kft.
- Jeronimo Martins' FY Sales Hit â‚¬11.8bn. // Checkout;Jan2013, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on the sales increase of Portuguese retail group Jeronimo Martins SGPS SA for the fiscal year 2013 and informs that sales of the firm increased by 17 percent in 2013 as well as the market share was also gained in the fiscal year.
- 2,500 Biedronka Stores and Counting. A. R. // Warsaw Voice;Nov2014, Issue 11, p50
The article reports that the Portuguese discount-store operator Jeronimo Martins has opened its 2,500th Biedronka store in this country in Poland in September 2014.
- Shipbuilding in West Germany and the Netherlands, 1960-1980. De Voogd, Cees // International Journal of Maritime History;Jun2007, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p63
The article presents a comparative analysis of the decline of the large shipyards in West Germany and the Netherlands in the 1960s and 1970s and shows a striking similarity between the shipyard strategies and state policies in both countries. In the 1960s and early 1970s neither managements nor...
- Tengelmann in talks to sell Kaiser's chain. Olah, Peter // Budapest Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the Tengelmann Group's plan to sell its Hungarian supermarket chain Kaiser's. Tengelmann's increased focus on developing its discount food store chain Plus; Rumor that Tengelmann is negotiating with British hypermarket company Tesco-Global Stores Rt; Tengelmann Group's sale of its...
- Tengelmann sondiert Lager-Verkauf. Jan, Mende // Lebensmittel Zeitung;1/31/2014, Issue 5, p4
The article discusses that the German retail company Tengelmann is opening logistic centers in Germany, their expansion plans for their electronic commerce, and their delivery concept.