- Pennsylvania District Stops Teaching ID. // District Administration;Feb2006, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p18
The article discusses the U.S. District Court's denunciation of a school board introducing intelligent design into the science curriculum. This left the district abandoning the controversial topic. The Dover Area School Board in December introduced intelligent design, separate from evolutionary...
- MEET THE MARTYRS: Caroline Crocker. Sager, Carrie; Bottaro, Andrea // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;Sep-Dec2008, Vol. 28 Issue 5/6, p31
The article focuses on intelligent advocate and professor Caronile Crocker at George Mason University in Fairfax Country, Virginia. According to report, a student complained after Crocker mentioned the topic on intelligent design in a class and taught false creationist material. However, the...
- VERNACULAR EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT: Dilemmas, Struggles and Innovations in Papua New Guinea(n1). Nagai, Yasuko // Convergence;2001, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p67
Describes the introduction of western education in the Maiwala community, Papua New Guinea. Discussion on mission education in the community; Influence of colonial curriculum on children; Background on initial vernacular education; Development of the Maiwala Elementary School and the Maiwala...
- The Curriculum: Patchwork or Crazy Quilt? McCutcheon, Gail // Educational Leadership;Nov78, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p114
Analyzes the curriculum implemented in elementary schools in the U.S. Features of the curriculum planning in operation in the country; Needs for schools to consider the views of several groups before making decision on curriculum; Requirements for formation of systemwide textbook adoption...
- State Math Curriculum Policies Vary. Eaton, Janet // Educational Leadership;Mar1984, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p96
Cites a reports of the study conducted by the Institute of Research on Teaching stating reason for difference in mathematics curricula in elementary schools in the U.S. Difference in tolerance power of teachers; Recommendations for designing a new curricula in elementary schools.
- Readin', Writin', and Rakin'. Banks, Amber // Natural Health;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on the Roy Lee Walker elementary school in McKinney, Texas. Use of an eco-education curriculum; Notion of principal Deb Beasley on the education system; Energy saving design elements of the institution.
- ETC. // Missoula Independent;1/10/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p7
The article offers information on U.S. Representator Clayton Fiscus who requested a draft bill from the 2013 legislative session in December 2013 requiring schools to teach intelligent design.
- ETC. // Missoula Independent;12/6/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p7
The article offers information on the 2011 Montana Legislature which forces public schools in Montana to teach intelligent design.
- a well-kept secret: children's engineering and design technology. Scott, Marlene // Technology & Children;Dec2007, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p17
The article discusses the outcome of the integration of Children's Engineering and Design Technology (CE&DT) in the curriculum at J. B. Watkins Elementary in Chesterfield County, Virginia. According to the article, CE&DT is part of the school's objective to prepare students for lifelong,...