your questions answered
- Not Completely Satisfied? Try getting your money Back. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;3/2/2011, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p11
The article focuses on the use of consumers money-back guarantees in various industries including the mailing and shipping, telecommunications and food and wine industry.
- ASK THE OMBUDSMAN. // Cabinet Maker;4/10/2015, Issue 5928, p16
The article presents answers to questions related to furniture including the product warranty, rights of customers, and the comparison betwen warranty and guarantee.
- underwriter. Stim, Richard // Contracts: The Essential Business Desk Reference;2010, p457
A definition of the term "underwriter" is presented, which refers to one who assesses the risk of taking on a new customer or account and agrees to pay if the company must assume the risk.
- Call for probe into pension solutions. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;2/10/2006, Issue 5475, p5
The article reports that the Pensions Regulator has been urged to investigate the pensions obligations of various companies in Great Britain. The investigation was called for after soft furnishing manufacturer Walker Greenbank offered its employees tax-free cash in return for giving up pension...
- New Mexico Grabs a Guarantee Against Road Wear and Tear. Perlman, Ellen // Governing;Feb2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p94
Reports on the decision of the state of New Mexico to buy a performance warranty for the New Mexico 44 highway. Cost of maintaining the highway; Terms of the warranty provided by contractor Koch Materials.
- Warranty woes. Frederiksen, Peter // Yachting;Jan98, Vol. 183 Issue 1, p19
Deals with boat and engine warranty. Author's favorite warranty type; How boatbuilders warrant their workmanship.
- Who says that warranty is for one year? McGreevy, Susan Linden // Contractor Magazine;May2003, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p67
This article reports that warranties are one of the most misunderstood concepts in the construction industry. Warranties may be express, implied or statutory. Most, construction contracts contain warranties. In limited circumstances, courts have implied warranties to protect parties where there...
- Insurers must look beyond traditional frontiers for growth. Mooney, Sean // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;02/23/98, Vol. 102 Issue 8, p23
Contemplates other areas where insurance companies can develop products which address customer needs and are consistent with the core competencies of insurance professionals. Growing demand for product warranties; Basic aspects of insurance involved in selling a guarantee; How the notion of...
- Smigning yourself into trouble. Thomas, Stafford // Finance Week;9/29/2003, p42
Discusses key points that one must consider if he/she is to venture into suretyships. Scenarios where surety often occur; Provisions of law that guides parties in a surety transaction; Comments from Francis Newham, a director of law firm Cliffe Dekker.