THE Color OF Money
- The Santa Claus ethic. Baker, Kenneth // Town & Country;Dec94, Vol. 148 Issue 5175, p199
Features Eli Broad and his art collection. Broad's establishment of the Eli Broad Family Foundation to function as an art-lending resource for museums; Broad's focus on monumental works; Contact information.
- PAINT JOB. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/12/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 33, p4
The article reports on the opening of the new Broad Contemporary Art Museum (BCAM) in Los Angeles, California. BCAM, as the Renzo Piano-designed building is known, is the result of a $60 million bequest from Eli Broad, and houses part of his massive postwar art collection, including works by...
- SIGHTLINES. // Art in America;Sep2015, Vol. 103 Issue 8, p51
In this article, the art collector Eli Broad offers his reflections on various issues relating to art. Topics examined include his time spent visiting the studios of artists including Jeff Koons and Mark Bradford, his plans to open a museum known as the Broad museum, which will be located in Los...
- Broad Implications. Tully, Judd // Art + Auction;Mar2008, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p41
The article focuses on a "New York Times" report that Los Angeles financier and philanthropist Eli Broad and wife Edythe had finalized plans for the disposition of more than 2,000 contemporary artworks in their private collection. It was assumed that majority of the pieces will be donated to the...
- Broad, Davis in the money on list of L.A.'s wealthiest. Randall, Laura // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;05/23/2000, Vol. 363 Issue 9, p73
Reports on the `Los Angeles Business Journal's annual roster of the 50 wealthiest Angelenos. Billionaire businessman Eli Broad's replacement of Global Crossing co-founder Gary Winnick as the richest person in Los Angeles; Net worth of former 20th Century Fox owner Marvin Davis; Ranking of...
- The Forbes 400. Miller, Matthew; Lee, Josephine; Sun, Steven; Brown, Erika; Burke, Monte; Coffey, Brendan; Cook, Lynn J.; Dolan, Kerry A.; Fisher, Daniel; Fitch, Stephane; Goldman, Lea; Hessel, Evan; Kemezis, Adam; Kruger, Daniel; Lang, Brent; Murphy, Victoria; Pomerantz, Dorothy; Powers, Kemp; Newcomb, Peter // Forbes Global;10/6/2003 Special Issue, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p41
Presents a list of the wealthy people in the U.S. as of October 2003. Eli Broad; Kenny Troutt; Patrick Soon-Shiong.
- Who Gives? Whelan, David // Forbes Global;10/11/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p74
Highlights the issue concerning the philanthropic acts of the members of the Forbes 400. Case of Bill Gates who donated a part of his wealth to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation putting his title the world's richest man on the line with Warren Buffet; Preference of most of the rich people...
- A Shared Passion. // Architectural Digest;Aug2015, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p54
The article discusses the U.S. philanthropists Edythe Broad and Eli Broad's donation of their art collection to their art museum known as the Broad in Los Angeles (L.A.), California, to open on September 20, 2015. An overview of the efforts to design the Broad museum, including the Broad...
- SAY WHAT? // Art Monthly;Nov2015, Issue 391, p16
No abstract available.