Forbes 400 Factoids
- Allen, et al. G. H. S. // Town & Country;Sep2011, Vol. 165, p96
Several photographs of celebrities who attended the Allen & Co. conference in Sun Valley, Idaho, are presented, including Oprah Winfrey, Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg, and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
- Sands chief back in top 10 on Forbes list. Stutz, Howard // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);10/3/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p13
The article reports on the return of Las Vegas Sands Corp. chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Sheldon Adelson in the Top 10 list of the Forbes Richest People in the U.S. after filing for bankruptcy in 2008.
- THE YEAR'S BIGGEST WINNERS. // Forbes Asia;Oct2013, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p80
The article presents the photographs of the several plutocrats of the U.S. along with briefs on them, which include Warren Buffett, Sheldon Adelson, and Christy Walton. Michael Bloomberg
- THE FORBES 400. Miller, Matthew; Serafin, Tatiana // Forbes Asia;10/16/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 17, p44
The article cites the richest businesspeople in the U.S. The collective net worth of the wealthiest in the U.S. climbed from $120 billion to $1.25 trillion in 2006. Developer John P. Manning used political savvy to build a $1.1 billion fortune in part by brokering low-income housing projects....
- Here comes Hurricane Bloomberg. TATUM, ELINOR // New York Amsterdam News;6/13/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 24, p12
The author reflects on the proliferation on real estate projects in New York City for rich people and on Mayor Michael Bloomberg's plans to create new waterfront communities, which he deems disgusting as it would only make the living conditions of poor people worse.
- Meet the 26 Billionaires Buying Our Democracy. Pal, Amitabh // Progressive;Oct2012, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p24
The article offers information on twenty-six billionaires of the U.S. who have donated more than 61 million dollars to super political action committees (PACs). Sheldon Adelson, who is owner of the Las Vegas Sands casino, has wealth worth 25 billion dollars. Jim Walton of the Walmart family...
- Bloomberg Unbound. Scherer, Michael // Time;10/21/2013, Vol. 182 Issue 17, p20
The article discusses the financial status of New York, New York's Mayor Michael Rubens Bloomberg as of October 2013, focusing on Bloomberg's attempts to implement healthy living-related initiatives in New York, New York and France. Anti-tobacco programs and Bloomberg's passage of a public...
- EDITOR'S DESK. Pooley, Eric // Fortune;10/17/2005, Vol. 152 Issue 8, p15
Presents an editorial discussing the October 17, 2005 edition of "Fortune" magazine, known as the "Power Play Issue". Review of how American spent $745 billion on leisure pursuits in 2004; Comments regarding the "Power Play Issue" from "Fortune" contributor and Time Inc. developing editor Susan...
- Betting Man. Stone, Peter H. // National Journal;5/10/2008, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p20
The article focuses on Sheldon Adelson, a Las Vegas, Nevada casino mogul, and his financial contributions to the U.S. Republican Party. Adelson has long been a huge, and mostly behind-the-scenes, financial angel for Republican, pro-business, and pro-Israel causes. As his personal fortune soared,...