- SK Telecom offers VAD in Korea. Hickman, Beth; Attkisson, Anna // Cellular Business;Oct97, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p60
Reports that SK Telecom is offering Voice Touch voice-activated dialing to its digital subscribers in Korea. Service fees; Experiment with voice-activated dialing.
- SK Telecom drops amount of deposit. // RCR;08/04/97, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p25
Reports that in an effort to attract additional customers, SK Telecom of Seoul, South Korea, reduced its required deposit fee for cellular service. Statistical information on the deposit; Comments from Jung Uck Seo, president of SK Telecom.
- Virtual plastic surgery. // Wireless Asia;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p31
Focuses on the photo speed plastic surgery offered by SK Telecom Co. Ltd., which enable mobile users to retouch their camera-phone shots. Alteration of the users color of facial and body skin; Availability of six levels of sun protection factors; Use of mobile face technology.
- SSK TELECOM LAUNCHES HANDSET-BASED HSDPA NETWORK IN KOREA. // Worldwide Telecom;Jul2006, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p8
The reports on the launch of a handset-based High-Speed Download Packet Access network by SSK Telecom in cities across South Korea. The network ensures high-speed, broadband wireless services and it uses the wireless broadband technology from LG-Nortel.
- MYGLOBE RINGBACK OFFERS IVR PRE-LISTENING FEATURE. // Audiotex Update;Jun2004, p1
Digital wireless communication service provider Globe Telecom (GT) Inc. of the Philippines has made mobile data service, second to ring tones in terms of popularity and market success, available to its subscribers. As a mobile carrier in the Philippines with more than 9 million subscribers, GT...
- Other Handsets, Other Features. // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p4A
Describes three mobile handsets. Denso-SIM-100; LG InfoComm-LGC-330W; Standard Telecom-Nixxo PCS.
- NEWS MAP. // Wireless Asia;Aug2002, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p12
Reports on developments regarding the wireless communication device in Asia as of August 2002. SK Telecom's plan to launch a wireless Internet joint venture with China Unicom; Indonesian telecommunications company Indosat's infusion of capital to cellular unit Satelindo; Deutsche Telekom's...
- Nokia in CDMA EV-DO talks with SK Telecom subsidiary? Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;4/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p3
Reports that Nokia Corp. is in negotiations to purchase code division multiple access (CDMA) evolution-data only (EV-DO) telephones from telephone manufacturing subsidiary of Korean CDMA carrier SK Telecom. Potential implication of the deal for the company's chipset strategy; Range of options...
- SKT facing regulatory investigation over allegations of illegal subsidies at some retailers. // Asia-Pacific Telecom;Jan2015, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the probe experienced by South Korean mobile communications provider SK Telecom Co. Ltd. (SKT) from the Korea Communications Commission (KCC) over claims of its provision of illicit subsidies at retail outlets. It mentions the accusation of its rival KT Corp. of its grant...