Triads Changing With the Times
- Nose Bleed. Young, Stark // New Republic;9/9/31, Vol. 68 Issue 875, p97
Offers observations on the prevalence of subversive activities by gangsters in Washington D.C. Opinion on the excitement associated with revelation of facts known to public and the administration of Washington D.C.; Account of the author's discussion with a friend of his on the crises of...
- Gangs. Cyriax, Oliver // Encyclopedia of Crime;2009, p160
An encyclopedia entry for "gangs" is presented. It refers to street gangs in Los Angeles, California which provide a sense of belonging and family to their members. The main gangs are the Bloods and the Crips, distinguished by their respective house colours of red and blue. The history of the...
- Terrorism: Why West Germany? MORROW, LANCE // Time;12/19/1977, Vol. 110 Issue 25, p53
The article explores the terrorism in West Germany which is credited to the Baader-Meinhof gang and the Red Army Faction. Police estimate that there are no more than 50 committed terrorists abetted by about 2,000 active sympathizers in a population of more than 61 million. It is considered that...
- A DECADE AFTER DAMILOLA. de Castella, Tom // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;11/9/2010, p16
The article investigates the prevalence of youth violence and the British government's move to mitigate such atrocity in Peckham, London, England. The author notes the 10th death anniversary of Damilola Taylor who died due to hate crime and cites the widespread of gang members who are involved...
- Havana's high-pitched paranoia. // Newsweek;1/27/1992, Vol. 119 Issue 4, p35
Reports that few Fidel Castro watchers were surprised when Cuba's Supreme Court last week upheld the death sentence of two of three Miami-based exiles, arrested soon after landing in a dinghy laden with small arms and explosives. Castro's clumsy attempt to link the reactionary Florida saboteurs...
- MI5 'tried to recruit' Islamist attacker. // Moderate Voice;5/25/2013, p5
The article reports that Great Britain's intelligence agency MI5 came under scrutiny over claims to recruit one of two Islamists accused of butchering a soldier in London, England.
- POLICE BLOTTER. // Graham Leader;11/20/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 28, p9A
The article presents several incidents of subversive activities informed by police in Young County, Texas including a theft was reported in the 2800 block of Highway 16 South, disturbance was reported in the 700 block of Texas Street and burglar alarm reported in the 1300 block of First Street.
- Oath Keepers Group Battered by Members' Arrests. // Intelligence Report;Fall2010, Issue 139, p10
The article reports on the imprisonment and arrest of several members of the Oath Keepers, a two-year old organization, in the U.S.
- False alarm bomb scare in Harlem. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;4/22/95, Vol. 86 Issue 16, p6
Reports the hoax bomb scare on 140th Street in Harlem. Site of a previous building collapse; Details.