Not This Time
- Permanent and Transitory Components of Business Cycles: Their Relative Importance and Dynamic Relationship. Chang-Jin Kim; Piger, Jeremy; Startz, Richard // Working Papers -- U.S. Federal Reserve Board's International Fin;2001, p1
This paper examines the relationship between permanent and transitory components of United States recessions in an empirical model allowing for business cycle asymmetry. Utilizing a common stochastic trend representation for real gross national product (GNP) and consumption, the authors divide...
- DOOMSAYERS -- OR REALISTS? Roubini, Nouriel // Forbes Asia;6/22/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p41
The article explains the implications of the failure to predict financial crisis and recession. It states that failure to predict the recession would lead governments and other sectors to be failure to make necessary actions to prevent the effect of the economic crisis. The article also...
- Dropoff less severe than expected in April. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p17
Reports on the impact of economic downturn on the buying behavior of the consumer in the U.S. Details on the sentiments of the consumer on economic conditions; Assessment on the plans of the consumers to acquire homes, cars,and major appliances; Analysis of the consumer confidence index.
- Shoppers Still Frugal. // MMR;11/15/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p34
The article focuses on the priority of consumers who struggle to cope with the U.S. recession, according the shopper trends report from the Food Marketing Institute.
- Irrational Expiation. // Christian Science Monitor;8/30/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 194, p8
Comments on the possibility of a recession in the United States, and the view that faith should be restored in smart investors and intelligent consumers.
- WWD MONDAY: Accessories/Innerwear/Legwear. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/16/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 34, p2
The article reports that there is a debate on whether New Consumer Age has come in the U.S. or is it because of recession that people are buying less.
- Economy needs export boom. Cappo, Joe // Advertising Age;4/1/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 14, p24
Comments on the impact of the 1991 Persian Gulf War on the economic condition of the U.S. Reason U.S. consumers are hesitant to spend; Discussion on the shift of U.S. economy into recession; Outlook of the economy after the war.
- Economic Overview. // Slovakia Country Review;2011, p68
The article presents an overview on the economic conditions in Slovakia with details on the strengths and financial performances of its various industries including agriculture, steel, and electronics.
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Sao Tome & Principe;Aug2005, p5
Looks at the economy of the islands of Sao Tome and Principe as of August 2005. Basis of the economy of the islands; Dominant crop on Sao Tome; Main economic activities in the islands; Response of the government to its economic downturn in 1987.