Should We Fear the Bear?
- Report: Iran increased exports to Iraq, China, UAE despite sanctions. // Geo-Strategy Direct;4/24/2013, p16
The article reports that Iran has revised its economy to become resistance to international sanctions on Teheran's energy sector. Iraq has been Iran's biggest customer, followed by China, the United Arab Emirates, Afghanistan, India and Turkey. The Iranian leadership reduced crude oil exports...
- Governments must act. Van Wyngen, Gerry // BRW;7/7/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p46
Focuses on the benefits that Australia will get from the emerging shortage of oil and gas. Rate of oil consumption of Australia; Dependency on oil imports.
- Sun shines on exports. // African Business;Jan2011, Issue 371, p32
The article reports that North Africa has five of the 10 strongest economies on the African continent by GDP per capita namely, Algeria, Libya, Morocco, Egypt and Tunisia, exporting LNG and crude oil to the world and piped gas and electricity to Southern Europe. It is stated that while...
- Double Boost For Energy Plans. // Africa Monitor: North Africa Monitor;Jun2005, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that after a series of delays and false starts, there are signs of renewed haste in Libya's energy sector. The sealing in early May 2005 of a major integrated gas deal with supermajor Royal Dutch/Shell Group coincided with an invitation to international oil companies to...
- A changing relationship. Ford, Neil // Middle East;Oct2004, Issue 349, p42
This article focuses on the business of oil production. In Syria, declining oil production and the transformation of the country into a net oil importer look set to have a lasting effect on the national economy. Syria's oil export figures have been complicated by the fact that illegal Iraqi...
- Britain's dependency on gas imports starts. Milne, Roger // Utility Week;4/1/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the dependency of Great Britain on gas imports, according to data from the Department of Trade and Industry published in 2004. Percentage of increase in gas imports in 2003; Countries with which Great Britain has agreement on gas import and export.
- AZERBAIJAN Key Sector Forecast -- Energy. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Eurasia;Apr2004, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p8
The article presents a report on investment in key sector by Azerbaijan. Some US $5bn has been invested in the Azeri oil and gas sector since 1994, with substantial foreign direct investment (FDI) still to come. Oil accounts for 70% of the country's exports and half of state revenues. A state...
- Oil Production Targeted. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Oct2005, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p9
The article presents an economic outlook in Turkmenistan. The country is refocusing its efforts on oil production in a bid to sustain energy exports. Turkmenistan has a heavily energy-orientated economy, with the outlook dependent on developments in the gas and oil export markets. Turkmenistan...
- The Gas Sector. // Gas Deregulation Report Global;2002, Vol. 1, p11
Lists the countries which produces and consume natural gas. Requirements in the transport of natural gas; Percentage of gas produced in 2000 that was traded internationally; Observation on the international natural gas industry.