Should We Fear the Bear?
- Report: Iran increased exports to Iraq, China, UAE despite sanctions. // Geo-Strategy Direct;4/24/2013, p16
The article reports that Iran has revised its economy to become resistance to international sanctions on Teheran's energy sector. Iraq has been Iran's biggest customer, followed by China, the United Arab Emirates, Afghanistan, India and Turkey. The Iranian leadership reduced crude oil exports...
- Governments must act. Van Wyngen, Gerry // BRW;7/7/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p46
Focuses on the benefits that Australia will get from the emerging shortage of oil and gas. Rate of oil consumption of Australia; Dependency on oil imports.
- Sun shines on exports. // African Business;Jan2011, Issue 371, p32
The article reports that North Africa has five of the 10 strongest economies on the African continent by GDP per capita namely, Algeria, Libya, Morocco, Egypt and Tunisia, exporting LNG and crude oil to the world and piped gas and electricity to Southern Europe. It is stated that while...
- Britain's dependency on gas imports starts. Milne, Roger // Utility Week;4/1/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the dependency of Great Britain on gas imports, according to data from the Department of Trade and Industry published in 2004. Percentage of increase in gas imports in 2003; Countries with which Great Britain has agreement on gas import and export.
- AZERBAIJAN Key Sector Forecast -- Energy. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Eurasia;Apr2004, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p8
The article presents a report on investment in key sector by Azerbaijan. Some US $5bn has been invested in the Azeri oil and gas sector since 1994, with substantial foreign direct investment (FDI) still to come. Oil accounts for 70% of the country's exports and half of state revenues. A state...
- Oil Production Targeted. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Oct2005, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p9
The article presents an economic outlook in Turkmenistan. The country is refocusing its efforts on oil production in a bid to sustain energy exports. Turkmenistan has a heavily energy-orientated economy, with the outlook dependent on developments in the gas and oil export markets. Turkmenistan...
- The Gas Sector. // Gas Deregulation Report Global;2002, Vol. 1, p11
Lists the countries which produces and consume natural gas. Requirements in the transport of natural gas; Percentage of gas produced in 2000 that was traded internationally; Observation on the international natural gas industry.
- Part Eight: Key Sector Reports and Notes: Oil and Gas. Reuvid, Jonathan // Doing Business with China;2005, p355
The chapter focuses on the state of the petroleum industry in China as of January 2005. The country overtook Japan as the world's second largest oil consumer, after the U.S. in 2003. In that same year, China's output of crude oil increased. The size of the three Chinese major companies can be...
- The Impact of OPEC Conference Outcomes on World Oil Prices 1984-2001. Wirl, Franz; Kujundzic, Azra // Energy Journal;2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p45
This paper investigates how far OPEC influences world oil markets. We ask the question: What is the impact of the decisions of the OPEC Conference, the supreme authority of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, on world oil prices? Extracting the Conference's decisions from the...