Fact and Comment
- DRILLING & PRODUCTION. Ghiselin, Dick // Offshore;Feb2013, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p30
This section offers news briefs relating to offshore oil and gas drilling and production as of February 2013. The Offshore Energy Center Hall of Fame Committee is inviting nominations for its Offshore Pioneers and Pioneering Technology awards. Transocean has created a spinoff company called...
- Well cleanup, multi-rate testing conducted on Apia, Black Widow. Clark, Jim; Nagai, Rick; Brown, Robert; Pahmiyer, Robert; Walden, Carl // Offshore;Aug2000, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p66
Highlights the successful completion of the Apia gas well and the Black Widow oil well projects in the Gulf of Mexico. Reasons for the success of the operation; List of the procedures for testing and completion of the Apia prospect; Benefits gained from the technique used in the projects.
- Poland driving oil and gas projects across the Baltic. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Aug2000, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p158
Focuses on the oil and gas development activities of Petrobaltic of Poland in the Baltic Sea in 2000. Background information on the company; Details on the appraisals conducted by the company; Information on the subsea well tiebacks and water injection program implemented by the company.
- CAN SOUTH AFRICA BECOME AN OIL GIANT? // African Business;Oct2014, Issue 412, p60
The article questions whether South Africa can become a major producer of oil and gas. It provides information on the status of the nation's oil and gas production industry, synthetic fuels industry and deepwater maritime territory. It also mentions the introduction of an amendment to national...
- Sustaining the Gulf of Mexico; exploration and development below 15,000 ft TVD. Dodson, Jim; Dodson, Ted; Paganie, David // Offshore;Jun2006, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p29
The article reports developments in oil and gas explorations from 1993 to 2005 in the Gulf of Mexico. In response to the growing consumption and demand for oil, U.S. industry experts recommended drilling below 15,000 feet total vertical depth in the water to generate higher production rates....
- Frontier exploration, pipelay dominate activity in northern Europe. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;May2010, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p48
The article focuses on offshore oil and gas exploration and production (E&P) activities in northern Europe. It discusses the prospects of subsea projects in Great Britain, and mentions the plans of BP PLC for the development of its Clair field and the contract awarded by ConocoPhillips Co. to...
- Angola continues to develop; Ghana grows in importance. Kliewer, Gene // Offshore;May2010, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p52
The article focuses on various developments in the offshore oil and gas exploration and production (E&P) in West Africa. It highlights the parallels in oil and gas operations in West Africa and Latin America. It talks about a decline in petroleum activities in Nigeria and Venezuela, and increase...
- Middle East, Africa drilling to climb steadily from US$ 13.56 billion in 2012 to US$ 17.03 billion in 2016. // World Energy News;3/18/2013, p12
The article provides information on a report from business intelligence firm GBI Research which forecasts that offshore oil and gas drilling expenditure across the Middle East and Africa to increase steadily from 13.56 billion dollars in 2012 to 17.03 billion in dollars 2016.
- Section 5. Crude Oil and Natural Gas Resource Development. // Monthly Energy Review;Apr2005, p81
Provides statistics on crude oil and natural gas resource development in the United States for March 2005. Rotary rig count; Number of onshore rigs; Total footage drilled; Number of exploratory and development crude oil and natural gas wells drilled; Number of crude oil wells drilled; Number of...