All the Good Words
- Reviews of professional journals. Czajkoski, Eugene H. // Federal Probation;Dec94, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p68
Reviews the report `Radicalism in Law and Criminology: A Retrospective View of Critical Legal Studies and Radical Criminology,' by Albert P. Cardarelli and Stephen C. Hicks published in the `Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology.'
- Extremism on campus: symbols of hate and hope. // Christian Century;7/15/87 - 7/22/87, Vol. 104 Issue 21, p625
Evan D. Howard, an American Baptist campus minister at the University of Chicago, probes the rise in the incidence of acts against minority groups on college campuses--with gay people being the latest scapegoats. Cites examples of hate toward homosexuals on campuses. Christians at different...
- The center under siege. Buckley, Gail Lumet // America;7/29/1995, Vol. 173 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on extremism in the United States. Crack down of right-wing thought-police; Ideologically monolithic extremism; Extremism as issue of conscience; Involvement of ecumenism in the spiritual middle.
- Proclaiming the Catholic faith. Gaillardetz, Richard R. // Commonweal;2/09/96, Vol. 123 Issue 3, p14
Discusses the effects extremists have on professional pastoral ministers. Roles as pastoral and public ministers; Responsibilities; Contributing factors of presenting Catholic faith; The ultimate responsibility of the public minister.
- Getting radical. // Christian Science Monitor;9/23/96, Vol. 88 Issue 209, p17
Discusses the widespread use of the term `radical,' and the number of meanings which are being applied to it. Dictionary definition of `radical'; Why acts of terrorism are referred to as radical; What is meant by radical searching.
- Taking the universal viewpoint: A descriptive approach. Wood, Robert E. // Review of Metaphysics;Jun97, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p769
Opinion. Presents information on the radical incommunicability between ethnic groups, sexes and individuals sunk in the privacy of their own gratifications. Details on how the author explores the possibility of `taking the universal viewpoint'; Description of the authors framework; Claims...
- Third generation radical. // American Enterprise;May/Jun97, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on radicalism and where it leads in its second, third, and fourth generation. Nina Hartley's `sex radical' case.
- As Karachi Goes... // Atlantic Monthly (10727825);Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 300 Issue 1, p8
An excerpt from the report "Pakistan: Karachi's Madrasas and Violent Extremism," compiled by the International Crisis Group is presented.
- Going to extremes. Stanglin, Douglas; Walsh, Kenneth T. // U.S. News & World Report;8/26/96, Vol. 121 Issue 8, p16
Mentions that a group of five northern Idaho counties has received a three-year grant from the Department of Justice to set up an education program to combat growing extremist activity in the region. What prompted the decision; Focus of the instruction.