Reed Buys Another Trade Show--Get Ready For `BookExpo Canada'
- CBA show welcomes trade booksellers. Tickle, Phyllis // Publishers Weekly;1/1/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 1, p30
Reports on the holding of the Christian Booksellers Association's (CBA) annual mid-winter trade show called EXPO 96 on January 24-26, 1996 in Nashville, Tennessee. Show as the industry event for librarians and general trade retailers interested in seeing or acquiring evangelical and Protestant...
- Home on the Plains. // Publishers Weekly;8/28/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 35, pS16
Previews the book trade show at the Marriott, Denver Tech Center in Denver, Colorado, to be hosted by the Mountains & Plains Booksellers Association on September 22-24, 2000. Possible slogan of the trade show; Lunchtime options for booksellers; Details on the evening festivities at the Terrace...
- NAIBA's Capital Idea. // Publishers Weekly;8/28/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 35, pS21
Previews the book trade show at the Omni Shoreheham Hotel, Washington, D.C. to be hosted by the New Atlantic Independent Booksellers Association on October 6-7, 2000. Exhibit hours on October 6; General topics on a series of roundtable discussions; Features of the Children's Book & Author Luncheon.
- BookExpo Canada? Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Oct2000, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p6
Reports the integration of Canadian Booksellers Association trade show with BookExpo Canada. Sponsorship of Reed Exhibition Companies Canada on the exhibition; Schedule on the launching of the trade show; Details of the trade show.
- Reed not yet committed to CBA trade show. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;May2000, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p5
Reports the options of Reed Exhibition Companies to attend the Canadian Booksellers Association Trade Show in Toronto and Vancouver.
- CBA sells show, but Chapters won't return. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Jun2000, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p4
Reports the selling of the convention and trade show of Canadian Booksellers Association (CBA) in Canada. Purchase of the show made by Reed Exhibition Cos.; Plans of renaming the show as BookExpo Canada; Other book fairs bought by Reed around the world.
- The sale of the century (so far). Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Jun2000, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p12
Comments on the reaction of publishers about the plans of Reed Exhibition Cos. for buying the convention and trade show of Canadian Booksellers Association (CBA) in Canada. Problem on the performance of CBA; Decline in the attendance of booksellers in the event; Plans of Reed to add...
- Let's do lunch. Lorinc, John // Quill & Quire;Jun97 Supplement, Vol. 63, p1
Previews the Canadian Booksellers Association's annual trade show in Canada, scheduled in August 1997. Authors participating in the show; Publications hosting anniversary parties during the event; Changes in the show's structure; Publishing firms participating in Random House Canada's one-day...
- Q&Q's CBA Index. // Quill & Quire;Jun97 Supplement 4, Vol. 63, p1
Presents miscellaneous information on the 1997 book fair organized by the Canadian Booksellers Association (CBA). Selling price of Whitecap's 1959 Cadillac; Ratio of women to men at Toller Cranston signing; Number of gummy maggots eaten per day at Owl Books; Number of potted flowers at Kids Can...