With 35% Increase, HarperCollins' Revenues Passed $1 Billion In 2000
- Newly merged HarperCollins posts hike in revenues, operating profit. // Book Publishing Report;11/01/99, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p3
Reports on the financial performance of publisher HarperCollins for the quarter ended September 30, 1999. Increase in revenues and operating profit following company's acquisition of William Morrow and Avon; Cost-cutting measures of the company.
- HC doubled second quarter profits, as revenues increased by a third. // Book Publishing Report;02/14/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the financial performance of HarperCollins Publishers Inc. in the quarter ending December 31, 1999. Operating profits; Acquisition of William Morrow and Avon; Sales of children's books.
- Sales, Earnings Rebound At HarperCollins. Milliot, Jim; Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;2/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 7, p10
Deals with the profit growth posted by HarperCollins (HC) in the second quarter ended December 31, 2001. Book successes of HC; Company segments which contributed to the profit growth; Changes made in the management of HC Canada.
- Slow 2Q Doesn't Keep HarperCollins From Posting First-Half Growth. // Book Publishing Report;02/12/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p5
Reports on increased operating results posted by publisher HarperCollins through the first half of fiscal 2001, despite a sluggish second quarter. Sales and operating income; Major honors won by the publisher during the quarter.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;11/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p5
Reports on the financial performance of HarperCollins Publishers. Operating profits; Revenues of the different divisions of HarperCollins; Sales growth at superstores and at Amazon.com.
- Harper Breaks the Billion Mark. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;8/21/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 34, p16
Reports on the amount of revenues and operating profits incurred by HarperCollins for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2000. Views of HarperCollins President Jane Friedman on the revenue growth in the company; Details on the revenues and profits of several book divisions.
- Earnings Jump 56% At HarperCollins. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/13/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 46, p10
Reports on the operating income of publisher HarperCollins for its first quarter ended September 30, 2000. Revenue gain for the quarter; Operating margin; Factors that led to the margin improvement; Number of titles acquired by the company from Element Books.
- HarperCollins Posts Another Strong Quarter. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/15/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 7, p16
Provides 1998-1999 financial information on HarperCollins, a publishing company. Company's operating profit in the second quarter ended December 31, 1998; Increase in the company's operating income; Number of bestsellers HarperCollins had during the first six months of 1998.
- Sales, Earnings Jump at HC. // Publishers Weekly;2/14/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 7, p85
Reports on the gains in sales and earnings posted by HarperCollins for the second quarter of 2000. Revenues of the book company; Factors which contributed to the increased sales.