New Tommy Nelson Head Sees Music, Internet As Source Of Growth
- Backlist Drove Nelson in 2002. // Publishers Weekly;8/5/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 31, p19
Reports on the backlist titles of publishing company Thomas Nelson for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2002. Information on the acquisition deal of the company with C. R. Acquisition Corp.
- Nelson Weathers Difficult Fiscal 2000. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p16
Reports on the financial performance of Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2000. Sales increase in its publishing operations; Reason for the results in the gift operation; Three acquisitions Nelson made in 1999 to boost revenues.
- New Thomas Nelson Publisher Details Plan To Double Sales By 2004. // Book Publishing Report;07/17/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p4
Reports on Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc.'s refocusing of its publishing program on four key areas. Concentration of publishing operations on charismatic, leadership and motivation, health and fitness, and fiction; Publisher and senior vice president Michael Hyatt's plan to appoint a marketer...
- Thomas Nelson Hoping To Start Industry Trend With Higher Prices. // Book Publishing Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p4
Reports on the decision of publisher Thomas Nelson to raise its prices. Possible triggering of a trend in the Christian book publishing industry; Costs of hardcover books and trade paperbacks starting spring 2001.
- For Thomas Nelson, It's Not The Book, But The Brand. // Book Publishing Report;2/17/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the strategic plans of the publishing house Thomas Nelson Book Group. Reorganization of the publishing program; Retrenchment of employees; Increase of profitability and revenue.
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. . . // Book Publishing Report;3/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p6
Reports that Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. has named David Dunham as senior vice president and publisher of its general trade publishing division.
- Thomas Nelson Struggles. Taylor, LaTonya // Christianity Today;10/01/2001, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p17
Reports on the response of the Nashville, Tennessee-based Thomas Nelson Inc., a publisher of Bibles and Christian trade books, to the decreasing demand for Christian books. Decline in the number of products the publisher will offer in 2001; Company's revenue for the first quarter of 2001;...
- Flat Year for Thomas Nelson. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/29/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 22, p15
Reports on the financial performance of Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. for the year ended March 31, 2000. Total revenue generated in the year; Net income in fiscal 2000; Impact of the restructuring of the company's gift division.
- Nelson Sales Slipped in 2003. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/21/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 29, p68
Reports on the decline in publishing revenue of U.S. publisher Thomas Nelson in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2003. Factors which contributed to the decline; Impact of its decision to cut the number of titles it publishes annually on its financial performance; Plans for 2004.