9/11 Aftermath Report Released
- Health Consequences of the World Trade Center Disaster: A 10th Anniversary Perspective. Thorpe, Lorna E.; Friedman, Stephen // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;9/14/2011, Vol. 306 Issue 10, p1133
The article discusses the health consequences of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center (WTC) in New York City. Diagnoses of adult-onset asthma and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) were reported five years after the event among firefighters, survivors and...
- Study Looks at PTSD Among Workers in Twin Towers During 9/11 Attack. Mitka, Mike // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/2/2011, Vol. 305 Issue 9, p874
This article focuses on a study which examined posttraumatic stress symptoms or posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) among survivors of the September 11, 2011 terrorist attack at the World Trade Center in New York City. A total of 3,271 English-speaking civilian survivors served as subjects in...
- Reliving a Nightmare. Mummolo, Jonathan // Newsweek;9/18/2006, Vol. 148 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on a "virtual-reality exposure therapy" program developed by researchers for the treatment of patients who suffer from posttraumatic stress disorder following the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. The program has the capability to recreate external events at Ground...
- WTC public hearing held in New Jersey. Dines, Kaylyn Kendall // New York Amsterdam News;1/31/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p5
Focuses on the public hearing held in New Jersey on the rebuilding of the World Trade Center (WTC) site and creation of a memorial honoring individuals who lost their lives due to September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Plans that were proposed for rebuilding the WTC site; Opinion of the audience...
- WHAT I'VE LEARNED. Fussman, Cal // Esquire;Jan2002, Vol. 137 Issue 1, p66
Relates the experience of a man who survived the collapse of the the World Trade Center during the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. Details on the incident; How he went down the building from the eighty-first floor after the first hijacked airplane hit the building; Lessons he learned...
- Club Quarters. // AirGuide Online.com;3/15/2010, p3
The article informs that the World Trade Center Hotel will offer the World Trade Center site which was destroyed in the 9/11 terror attacks.
- Attack On America. Kelleher, Jackie // Teen Ink;Sep2002, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p18
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of witnessing the destruction caused by the terrorist attack in World Trade Center, New York City on September 11, 2001.
- Together They Stood. Shannon, Michael // Teen Ink;Sep2002, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p19
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of seeing the World Trade Center in New York City and learning about the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
- Hudson Valley offers office space to displaced workers and businesses. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/24/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p1
Reveals that Hudson Valley could offer office space and re-create the jobs that were lost during the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks which destroyed the World Trade Center towers and adjoining buildings. Plans of New York state and county development officials to pitch the region; Total...