Sprinkler Mandate Passes
- Residential fire sprinkler battle continues: now states decide. ROULO, CANDACE // Contractor Magazine;Aug2010, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p1
The article offers information on the uncertainty looming over the implementation of the International Code Council's (ICC's) law mandating the installation of residential fire sprinklers in all new one-and two-family residences, including townhouses. It is said that California and Pennsylvania...
- ICC members vote to retain residential sprinklers in IRC. // Fire Engineering;Jan2010, Vol. 163 Issue 1, p34
The article reports on the decision of International Code Council (ICC) members to vote in favor of retaining a provision that seeks to retain fire sprinkler systems mandatory in selected residential buildings in the U.S. under the 2009 International Residential Code (IRC).
- R.I. passes fire sprinkler retrofit law. // Contractor Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the fire sprinkler retrofit law for nightclubs passed by the Rhode Island General Assembly in 2003. Reason behind passing the law; Details of action to be taken against nightclubs according to the law; Authority given to local inspectors in Rhode Island according to the law.
- Fire Protection Systems. Stegura, David // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p52
Focuses on the changes in the fire sprinkler requirements in Minnesota. Increase in construction of buildings in 2003; Installation of sprinkler systems in residential occupancies; Requirements for fire-resistive construction.
- Sprinkler advocates beat builders again. Mader, Bob // Contractor Magazine;Nov2009, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p58
The author reflects on the issues related to residential fire sprinklers. The author states that the National Association of Home Builders has proposed to eliminate fire sprinklers in the 2012 edition of the International Code Council's International Residential Code (IRC). He adds that the...
- ICC offers support for sprinklers despite rejecting requirements. // Fire Engineering;Aug2007, Vol. 160 Issue 8, p61
The article discusses the International Code Council's (ICC) support for residential sprinklers despite having rejected the requirements for single-family sprinklers in its "International Residential Code" supplement. The National Fire Sprinkler Association (NFSA) has submitted code change...
- ICC Keeps Sprinkler Provision. // Fire Chief;Nov2009, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p10
The article reports on the balloting of the International Code Council (ICC) members to retain the residential fire-sprinkler requirements in the International Residential Code (IRC) in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Members of the ICC voted 7 to 4 during the ICC code development hearing. The move is...
- Sprinklers mandated for new Baltimore City homes. // Fire Engineering;Oct2010, Vol. 163 Issue 10, p40
The article reports on Baltimore, Maryland's City Council Bill 10-0437, Residential Code--Automatic Fire Sprinkler Systems, aimed at reducing fire-related deaths.
- PENNSYLVANIA HIGH COURT UPHOLDS ANTI-FIRE SPRINKLER DECISION. // Concrete Products;Jan2008, Vol. 111 Issue 1, pPC6
The article reports developments regarding the late-2007 Commonwealth Court ruling in Pennsylvania to maintain a lower court decision, disapproving a local fire sprinkler ordinance. It is stated that the Pennsylvania Builders Association (PBA) has praised the court's ruling, which would have...