- Firefighter! // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Oct2000, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p1
Offers information on how firefighters stay safe and provides fire safety tips for families.
- The Firefighter's Toolbox. Savedge, Jennifer // Odyssey;Sep2005, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p32
Presents information on the firefighter's toolbox.
- The fire that didn't have to burn... Drennan, Vina // Redbook;Feb97, Vol. 188 Issue 4, p70
Presents a narration on carelessness and fire accident which killed a firefighter. Author's suggestion for state legislatures to look at the laws for criminal negligence with regard to fire; Need for people to educate themselves about the basics of fire safety; Why fire safety is taken much...
- Untitled. // Fire Safety Engineering;Nov2007, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p8
A photograph is presented which depicts Hampshire, England's vehicle extrication and trauma care team at the World Rescue Challenge held in Barcelona, Spain.
- Operations in heavy protected homes. McCormack, Ray // Fire Engineering;Jul97, Vol. 150 Issue 7, p63
Discusses problems encountered by firefighters in responding a heavily secured home. Suggestions on how firefighters deal with the problems; Best defense against civilian and firefighter entrapment; Needed measures to have successful outcome in a fire operation; Tactics in removing bars from...
- Summer heating up for Junior Fire Brigade. Leborgne, Britanny // Eastern Door;6/24/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p12
The article reports on the summer session of the Kahnawake Fire Brigade's Junior Firefighters in Quebec.
- First due! Pressler, Bob // Fire Engineering;Mar2000, Vol. 153 Issue 3, p36
Offers tips on how firefighters in single companies may respond to fire emergencies. First things to consider upon arrival at the site of the fire; Evaluation of the building structure and occupancy and fire conditions; Rescuing of civilians trapped in the fire.
- LEARN TO ANTICIPATE THE UNEXPECTED. Buckman, John // Fire Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on firefighters' approach to unexpected situations. Routine incidents that can turn into unexpected tragedies; Response of firefighters to unpredictable fire.
- CONSIDER THE FIREFIGHTER IN BUILDING AND FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEM DESIGN. Lathrop, James Knox // Fire Engineering;Jan2003, Vol. 156 Issue 1, p79
Focuses on the need for fire protection engineers to understand some of the problems encountered by firefighters with fire protection systems during emergency. Involvement of the fire service in building and fire protection system design; Role of the fire service to provide input in developing...