Embrace innovation or join the failures
- Engineered wood creates new hardware & assembly options. // Wood & Wood Products;Feb93, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p78
Presents the benefits provided by engineered wood products to furniture manufacturers. Early problems of materials in manufacturing wood furniture; Attraction of the interest of furniture and cabinet due to improved wood products; Evolution of a system of furniture manufacturing; Increase in...
- Competition, not corporate welfare. Veldhuis, Niels; Lammam, Charles // Fraser Forum;May2009, p28
The article discusses the issue of corporate bailouts in Canada. According to the authors, the Canadian government should not provide billions of dollars in bailouts to prevent major businesses from failing. They said that the government expenses on corporate welfare only slow down corporate...
- Building an innovation platform. Bloch, Nicolas; Gruver, Kara // European Business Forum;Spring2007, Issue 28, p11
The article discusses how consumer goods companies can use innovation platforms to generate ideas with greater potential and lower risks of failure. According to the author, the innovation platform approach offers parameters for innovation and gives lift. It is used by car makers and technology...
- Day shift. Shalan, Judy // Cabinet Maker;10/30/98, Issue 5112, p14
Focuses on the increasing popularity of specialist bed in Great Britain. Growth of the market for adjustable beds; Innovative features of electric adjustable beds; Factors contributing to the attractiveness of the product for consumers; Price range of the specialist bed.
- In praise of technology and those who make it happen. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;9/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p58
Looks into the significance of computer technology to the operations of furniture companies. Description of the structure of notebook computer; Replacement of old computers with the upgraded and high technology computers; Usability of the technology.
- The benefits of timely topics and networking. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;2/18/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p30
Focuses on the author's account of his participation in the Furniture/Today Leadership Conference held in Key Biscayne, Florida as of February 18, 2002. Topic discussed in the conference; Facilities available in the furniture market of High Point, North Carolina; Role of technological...
- Parrying Energy Costs through INNOVATIONS. Lundquist, Eric // CIO Insight;Sep2008 Supplement, Issue S6, p6
The article focuses on the role of technological innovation to diminish the worsening economic conditions among business enterprises. As stated, the continuous rise in oil prices means that the costs of running a business have become crucial costs to control. For many businesses, those expenses...
- New furniture retailer touts technology as a selling tool. Burton, Terri // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/10/95, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p9
Reports on furniture retailer RoweShowPlace's video cataloguing concept that offers low-risk shopping through computer technology. Features of technology; Improvement of customer services with technology; Use of computers as a selling tool; Popularity of computer technology for furniture stores.
- What to expect in CNC machining centers at IWF '96. Rezabek, Jay // Wood & Wood Products;Jul96, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p151
Reports on the display of CNC machining center technology systems at the 1996 International Woodworking Machinery & Furniture Supply Fair in Atlanta, Georgia. Improvements and updates to machine features; Technological advancements in machining software and controls; Comments of respondents...