Corridor: the esolution
- Collaboration is key for surviving B2B players. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;04/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p30
Reports the economic condition of business-to-business Internet furniture companies in the United States. Closure of RetailMetro and HomePoint companies; Collaboration between companies and manufacturers; Emphasis on supply chain collaboration tools market.
- Some interesting lessons on how to cast your Net. Allegrezza, Ray // Furniture/Today;05/14/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p27
Focuses on the importance of electronic commerce technology to furniture companies. Growing number of industry players that are utilizing Internet technology; Factors needed to be considered by furniture companies when initiating an electronic commerce strategy; Overview on the advantages and...
- B2B exchanges gaining acceptance by industry. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;7/28/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p31
Reports on the growing popularity of business-to-business (B2B) electronic commerce platforms in the furniture industry in the U.S. National Home Furnishings Association's launching of its B2B initiative; Growing acceptance for B2B according to GERS' FurnishNet; Benefits of B2B.
- BCFA Internet move praised. // Cabinet Maker;04/30/99, Issue 5136, p5
Relates that the efforts of the British Contract Furnishing Association to encourage companies to use electronic commerce has been lauded by Great Britain's government.
- Real shopping. McInnes, Graham // Cabinet Maker;05/28/99, Issue 5140, p20
Provides suggestions on how traditional furniture retailers can compete against retailers in the Internet. Impact of electronic commerce on traditional retail trade.
- Furniture is slow to click. // Cabinet Maker;10/22/99, Issue 5160, p4
Reports that furniture and furnishing is one of the lowest growth opportunities for online shopping, according to the report `Electronic Shopping in Europe.'
- New Heights set to scale online retail mountain. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;12/10/99, Issue 5167, p1
Reports on cabinet retailer New Heights' launching of a Web site and sell 50 models of its furniture online.
- Virtual goldrush. Knight // Cabinet Maker;01/07/2000, Issue 5169, p16
Discusses advantages of electronic commerce to the furniture industry. Findings of a study which showed that websites influence an increase of offline sales; Availability of the original specifications on a product; Successful online retailers' selling at competitive, offline prices and...
- Keep the consumer informed or lose out. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;02/18/2000, Issue 5175, p6
Provides insights on the advantages of an electronic commerce website for Heal's furniture company and the impact of such method of retailing for other furniture companies.