THE BIG PICTURE
- Financial Crisis Impacts on Petrochemical Market Cycle. Shu Zhaoxia // China Chemical Reporter;4/16/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p6
The article focuses on the impact of the global financial crisis on the market cycle of the petrochemical industry worldwide. The industry continues to face financial challenges as result of the global financial crisis and the increasing prices of petroleum products in the world market. The...
- Clouds persist over economic recovery. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;11/8/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 45, p6
The article informs that the U.S.'s economy should finally shift into full-recovery mode next year unless oil prices keep rising, consumers cut back on spending and government pension programs worldwide can't keep up with the wave of baby boomer retirees, a bank economist told business leaders...
- Longer-cycles for governments. Schmidt, Victor // Offshore;Oct98, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on the effects of the oil price collapse of 1986 to the worldwide financial crises. Longer cycle times due to low price-pressure; Importance of energy and economic viability.
- THE STATE OF CYCLING. // Bicycling;Mar2009, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p23
The article offers news briefs related to bicycling in the U.S., including the rise of oil prices in the summer which will result in more people biking to work.
- Dynamic correlation between stock market and oil prices: The case of oil-importing and oil-exporting countries. Filis, George; Degiannakis, Stavros; Floros, Christos // International Review of Financial Analysis;Jun2011, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p152
Abstract: The paper investigates the time-varying correlation between stock market prices and oil prices for oil-importing and oil-exporting countries. A DCC-GARCH-GJR approach is employed to test the above hypothesis based on data from six countries; Oil-exporting: Canada, Mexico, Brazil and...
- Shocks. Cochrane, John H. // NBER Reporter;Spring94, p50
This article presents an abstract of the NBER Working Paper "Shocks," by John H. Cochrane.
- Oil price spike carries threats. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/15/2012, Vol. 56 Issue 24, p6
The author discusses a spike in oil prices during the first quarter of 2012 and argues that the global economic crisis is reducing the price of oil while countries are increasing spending as of June 2012.
- Economic Spotlight. // Political Intelligence Briefing;12/18/2014, p16
The article focuses on the economic issues in Russia on topics including the decreasing prices of petroleum products, the increase in bank interest rates by the Bank of Russia and the continuing Russian importation sanctions on Western countries including the U.S. and the European Union.
- Driver recruiters feeling pinch as rising fuel hits. Simons, Graham // Recruiter;7/9/2008, p6
The article reports on the impact of fuel cost hikes to hauliers and driver recruiters in Great Britain. It notes that small to medium-sized haulage firms are unable to absorb the cost of fuel which resulted to a second protest calling for a cut in fuel duty. Meanwhile, the fuel crisis has also...