Don't let talent go down the tube
- A hire authority. Kislik, Liz // Catalog Age;Apr2005, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p42
Discusses the importance of hiring an efficient personnel to successful employee retention. Factors to consider in the screening and interview processes of prospective employees; Significance of assessing one's application form to evaluate the abilities and skills of an applicant; Need for...
- Looking for a Little R&R. Grabarek, Bill // American Nurseryman;11/15/2004, Vol. 200 Issue 10, p33
Discusses the challenges associated with recruiting and retaining quality employees in the garden center industry. Steps in the right direction toward attracting workers; Processes involved in hiring quality employees; Importance of ensuring enough candidate pool.
- A STUDY OF SELECTIVE TESTS FOR HOLLERITH-MACHINE OPERATIVES. Marcus, Lawrence // Journal of Applied Psychology;Jun-Sep20, Vol. 4 Issue 2/3, p186
The article presents a study of selective tests for Hollerith-Machine operatives. The work involves punching the keys of a machine which perforates cards according to the numbers on cancelled money orders. Rapid coordination of the eyes and fingers is the main requirement of a good Hollerith...
- The Complete Guide to Recruitment. Newell Brown, Jane // Complete Guide to Recruitment;11/9/2012, p1
The Complete Guide to Recruitment, by Jane Newell Brown, offers a step-by-step approach to navigating the many aspects of hiring and retaining employees. Recruiting is a task that is vital to the success of an organization. The right people need to be employed in the right positions....
- recruiting the right people and keeping them. Behrnes, Debbie // Human Resources Magazine;Dec2011/Jan2012, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p12
The article discusses the recruitment of the right people and how to keep them in a business organization. It underscores the importance of getting the right people with the skills and motivation in ensuring business success. Elements of a best practice recruitment process are also presented....
- Consultant, author to share staff retention tips at AONE 2001 meeting. Costello, Mary Ann // AHA News;03/12/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p2
Offers tips for recruiting and retaining the best employees. Factors contributing to employee retention problems; Reasons cited by employees for staying at their jobs; Why employers are hesitant to ask what employees want.
- They May Not Stay. Hooper, Larry // CRN;10/1/2007, Issue 1250, p18
The article shares the author's views regarding the difficulty in hiring good people among solution providers in the U.S. He mentions that good technical people as well as good salesmen are hard to find. According to a research, there are several reasons why employees leave the company and the...
- Holding On to the Best and Brightest. Ream, Richard // Information Today;Apr2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p16
Offers observations on the retention of employees. Reasons why employees leave organizations; Advice for interviewing techniques in order to determine if a candidate would be a retainable employee; Costs for replacing an employee.
- Optimal Hiring and Retention Policies for Heterogeneous Workers Who Learn. Arlotto, Alessandro; Chick, Stephen E.; Gans, Noah // Management Science;Jan2014, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p110
We study the hiring and retention of heterogeneous workers who learn over time. We show that the problem can be analyzed as an infinite-armed bandit with switching costs, and we apply results from Bergemann and VÃ¤limÃ¤ki [Bergemann D, VÃ¤limÃ¤ki J (2001) Stationary multi-choice bandit...