The brain game
- Hire service stars. // Personnel Journal;Sep95 Supplement, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p3
Offers the Customer Service Skills Inventory from McGraw-Hill/London House for screening job applicants for service skills. Features; Contact information.
- Always Check `em Out First! Wigggins, Dave // Journal of Environmental Health;Oct1998, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p61
Suggests that companies should check out employees thoroughly before hiring them. Implications of hiring a bad employee; Guidelines for selecting applicants who drive a company automobile; Reference to checking for criminal backgrounds; Comments from Valerie Frydendall of CB and I located in...
- Employee screening devices--use with caution. Zachary, Mary-Kathryn // Supervision;Nov97, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p16
Focuses on legal concerns on the use of employee screening devices. Credit reports by reporting agencies; Concerns on employee misconduct and workplace violence; Modifications to the Fair Credit Reporting Act of 1996.
- PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING. Nicholson, Gilbert // Workforce (10928332);Oct2000, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p72
Focuses on the importance of pre-employment testing and background checking procedures. Benefits of the tests; Implications of the tests to companies; How to choose the right test; Where to find best testing procedures.
- Cities must invest in people to rebound. // Central Penn Business Journal;5/18/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p16
The author discusses the need of city governments in Harrisburg and York in Pennsylvania to invest in people in an effort to recover from the economic crisis in 2012 in the country.
- Study Explodes Employment Test 'Myths' // Training & Development Journal;Feb73, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p51
Reports on the results of a survey concerning pre-employment testing and promotional procedures in the United States. Factors to consider in the selection and use of evaluation examinations; Implications for people who supervise hiring and promotion techniques and policies.
- Pre-employment screening: A decade of change. Philbrick, Jane H.; Bart, Barbara D. // American Business Review;Jun99, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p75
Provides preemployment screening guidelines to human resources managers. Recommended screening practices; Competency testing; General Aptitude Test Battery; Personality testing.
- Privacy. Alderman, Ellen; Kennedy, Caroline // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on employee monitoring. Drug testing of employees; Electronic surveillance; Off-duty behavior.
- Recruitment Options That Work (Book). // Benefits Quarterly;1989 Third Quarter, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p88
Presents an abstract of the article "Recruitment Options That Work" by Andrew S. Bargerstock, which appeared in the March 1989 issue of "Personnel Administrator."