Reap the benefits of allowing staff to volunteer
- Lagemann Is Named At Spencer. Olson, Lynn // Education Week;04/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p6
Reports that the Spencer Foundation, a philanthropy that supports research in education, has named Ellen Condliffe Lagemann, an education historian as its president in 2001. Career background of Lagemann; Reasons for appointing Lagemann according to Mary Patterson McPherson, chairman of the...
- DPH's Tierney jumps to SFAF. Bajko, Matthew S. // Bay Area Reporter;11/3/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the resignation of Steven Tierney as director of HIV prevention to become the deputy director of programs and services at the San Francisco AIDS Foundation in San Francisco, California. Effectivity of the appointment of Tierney; Reason of Tierney for accepting the position;...
- Keeping tabs on the big boys. Jump, Paul // Third Sector;6/9/2009, p20
The article features Beryl Hobson, head of the Charity Commission's large charities division in Great Britain. The division deals with all charities whose annual income is more than Â£5 million, except for schools, armed forces and National Health Service (NHS) charities. Hobson explains the...
- United Way names director of volunteer unit. // New Hampshire Business Review;02/25/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p14
Informs that United Way of the Greater Seacoast has named Robin J. Albert director of its Volunteer Action Center.
- Foundations pick Strawbridge successor. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/22/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p2
Reports the selection of Nancy J. McCann as president of John P. Murphy and Kulas foundations in Cleveland, Ohio. Death of McCann's predecessor Herbert Strawbridge; Regard of Strawbridge on the business and personal skills of McCann; Plans of McCann regarding the missions of the foundations.
- Conversation piece. // Third Sector;12/6/2011, Issue 687, p21
The article presents the result of the Acevo Pay Survey 2011/2012 showing that 78.1% of charity chief executive officers are either very or somewhat satisfied with their salaries, while 13.3 % are dissatisfied.
- Honorary jobs are no sinecure. // Accountancy;Oct98, Vol. 122 Issue 1262, p49
Reports on the appointment of accountant Derek Tait Walker as honorary treasurer of Great Britain-based community foundation Tyne & Wear Foundation (TWF). Job responsibilities; Members of the board of TWF.
- Industry & People. // Food Engineering;Feb2002, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p12
Reports developments in the food manufacturing industry in the U.S. as of February 2002. Appointment of Tim O'Brien to the vice-president position at Urschel Laboratories Inc.; Donations of food manufacturers to the sailors aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt nuclear aircraft carrier; List of donors.
- How I made a difference at work. // People Management;2/26/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p38
The article discusses a management strategy adopted at the Royal National Institute for Deaf People (RNID) in Great Britain. Planning spurred discussions about the need to support the senior management team but it was deemed too large to lead the change program. Members of the management team...