Are bonuses to blame for banking's downward spiral?
- Sexes pay gap is linked to bonuses. Brockett, James // People Management;3/26/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p7
The article reports on a claim by the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) that the design of bonuses and performance-related pay could be partly responsible for the gender pay gap in Great Britain. The commission has issued guidance detailing a list of pay practices it considers...
- Untitled. Gilbert, Helen // Personnel Today;9/29/2009, p8
The article focuses on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) unfair bonus distribution. As stated, despite being below in its financial targets and banning the discretionary bonuses for employees, CIPD chief executive, Jackie Orme received a bonus. Although the practice...
- the editors blog. Williams, Helen; West, Dave; Evans, David; Bragg, Graham // Personnel Today;10/27/2009, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the October 13, 2009 issue, including "DRA vital to make way for the young," by Susanne Byrne, "Row over CIPD chief's bonus," by Simon Howard, and a letter on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // People Management;7/16/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p7
This section offers news briefs related to personnel management in Great Britain. A Talentmap website was launched by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills (UK) to make it quicker and easier for employers to find what they need. B&Q introduced a monthly bonus scheme for its shopfloor staff...
- Private sector bonuses plummet. Peacock, Louisa // Personnel Today;4/28/2009, p22
The article focuses on the payout of bonuses in the private sector in Great Britain. John Philpott, chief economist at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), stated that bonuses have virtually dried up in the private sector this year as employers are cutting costs and...
- Signing Bonuses Not as Crazy as They May Seem. Mulling, Emory // Business Journal (Central New York);09/15/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 37, p18
Discusses the merit of offering signing bonuses to improve employee recruitment due to shortage of skilled employees. Other incentives offered to executives and employees by some companies; Advice to companies considering offering signing bonuses.
- 'BOOST STAFF REFERRAL SCHEMES' // People Management;5/30/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p10
Focuses on the advantages of employee referral schemes where employees who recommend potential recruits are paid bonuses, according to business consultant Jeff Grout. Effect of the amount of bonuses on the recruitment target of the company; Cost effectiveness of the recruitment approach.
- exploding bonus. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p2958
A definition of the term exploding bonus is presented. It refers to personnel bonus offered to new graduates to encourage them to sign for a job as quickly as possible as it reduces in value with every day of delay.
- Wooing the Workers. // Workforce (10928332);Jan2002, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p46
Focuses on the recruitment strategies adopted by businesses in the United States. Information on referral bonuses; Focus of companies toward creativity; Other practices adopted by companies.