TITLE

BorgWarner chases Eaton's lock on superchargers

AUTHOR(S)
Sherefkin, Robert
PUB. DATE
August 2000
SOURCE
Automotive News;8/21/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5889, p4
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
Focuses on the strategy of Chicago, Illinois-based powertrain-parts supplier BorgWarner Automotive Inc. to penetrate the supercharger sector of the global car market. Description of a supercharger; Competition posed by Eaton; Comparison of market share of superchargers and turbochargers.
ACCESSION #
3495700

 

Related Articles

  • BorgWarner revving up its supercharger push. Sherefkin, Robert; Knapp, Kevin // Crain's Chicago Business;09/04/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p98 

    Informs that powertrain supplier BorgWarner Automotive Inc. is preparing to challenge Eaton Corp.'s near-global domination of the automotive supercharger market. Acquisition of a contract to supply superchargers to an unnamed marine engine builder; Seeking of inroads with automakers.

  • Supply line.  // Automotive News;6/7/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5823, p29 

    Reports on news and developments related to automobile supplies companies in the United States and elsewhere as of June 7, 1999. Includes Eaton Corp.'s plans of constructing a truck transmission plant in Mexico; Joint venture between Borg-Warner Automotive Inc. and Lapeer Metal Stamping Co....

  • Eaton's Supercharger Prospects Boosted. Murphy, Tom // Ward's Auto World;Nov2008, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p26 

    The article discusses Eaton Corp.'s plan to increase supercharger production by 80% through 2010. The entry notes that Eaton Corp.'s production program will involve Twin Vortices Series (TVS) superchargers for five of seven original equipment manufacturers (OEM). The section cites that Eaton...

  • Green=growth for Borg-Warner. Vinas, Tonya // Industry Week/IW;11/01/99, Vol. 248 Issue 20, p12 

    Reports that Borg Warner Automotive Inc. will expand its German operations to bolster turbocharger production in Europe. Significance of turbochargers in auto engines; Partnership with the turbocharger unit of Kuhlman Corp.; Increase in the demand for engine products. INSET: Noted.

  • Global light vehicle turbochargers market- forecasts to 2028.  // Aroq - Just-Auto;Jun2014, p1 

    The article focuses on economic analysis and forecast for the global light vehicle turbochargers market from 2008-2028, along with the political, economic, social, technological and regulatory (PESTER) analysis of the market. Topics discussed include business analysis of suppliers and...

  • Suppliers race for fuel savings. Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News;2/4/2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6293, p31 

    The article focuses on new technology and products from the automobile suppliers which raise fuel efficiency of automobiles. It is informed that the gasoline direct injection technology improves performance while saving fuel and reducing emissions. It is stated that turbochargers from BorgWarner...

  • INTERVIEW: BorgWarner's director of marketing Gunter Kraemer. Henry, Ian // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);1/11/2015, p1 

    An interview with Gunter Kraemer, marketing director at the automotive components and parts supplier BorgWarner Inc., is presented. Kraemer discusses the company's turbocharger manufacturing plants in several countries including the U.S., Brazil and South Korea. When asked what prompted the...

  • BorgWarner may open Lithuania plant.  // Automotive News;5/24/2004, Vol. 78 Issue 6094, p3 

    BorgWarner Inc., a Ford Motor Co. supplier, is considering building a diesel fuel injection systems plant in Lithuania, former Ford executive George Jurgutis said Friday, May 21. The plant would need an investment of about $24 million to build some 300,000 high-technology turbochargers annually...

  • BorgWarner sees growth.  // Automotive News;11/8/2004, Vol. 79 Issue 6120, p52 

    This article reports that BorgWarner Inc. said last week that it expects $1.4 billion of net new auto business through 2007, about 66 percent of it from engine-related products such as turbochargers. The Chicago supplier said the other 34 percent of net new business is expected to come from...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of THE LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics