Category Review: Political Science Titles in the Election Year
- POLITICAL PARTIES. // Alaska Almanac;2006, Issue 30, p174
An entry for political parties in Alaska is presented. A recognized political party in Alaska is an organized group that represents a political program and either nominates a candidate for governor who received at least three percent of the total votes cast for governor in the preceding general...
- Fellow Republicans. Knoll, Erwin // Progressive;Dec89, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p4
Cites the author's thoughts and feelings concerning the computer-personalized invitation which designated him as 'Task Force Member #000068.' Other recipients of an invitation to join the Republican Presidential Task Force.
- Major Parties. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2008, p8
A list of the major political parties in the U.S. is presented including the Republican Party, Democratic Party, and the Green Party.
- Uncivil State. Lo, Bobo // World Today;Nov2003, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p22
Focuses on the debate over Russia's democratic bona fides which extends beyond the political to embrace the larger question of what kind of state and society it is. Description of the political system in Russia; List of political parties vying for the public's favor for the parliamentary...
- The Bishops and the Extra-Parliamentary Organization of the Whig Junto in the Reign of Queen Anne. Jones, Clyve // Parliamentary History (Edinburgh University Press);Jul2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p183
Analyzes the evidence bearing on the organization of the whig Junto lords during parliamentary sessions under Queen Anne. Consideration of the whig bishops as the crucial element in the Junto's party in the Upper House.
- Central Governing Incapacity and the Weakness of Political Parties: Russian Democracy in Disarray. Stoner-Weiss, Kathryn // Publius: The Journal of Federalism;Spring2002, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p125
Focuses on the underdeveloped political party system in democratic Russia. Attempts taken by Russia President Vladimir Putin to reintegrate the Russian state; Analysis of evidence showing the degree to which the Russian state is poorly integrated; Explanations for party weaknesses in Russia.
- Rhino Party Horns In. // Alberta Views;Mar2008, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p23
An excerpt from the article on the re-emergence of the Alberta Rhinos by Jason Markusoff in the January 26, 2008 issue of the "Edmonton Journal" is presented.
- THIRD PARTY TIME? Rothschild, Matthew // Progressive;Oct89, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p20
Discusses initiatives of some sectors discontent with the U.S. two-party system to promote a third party. Role of the National Organization for Women in bringing the issue out in the open; Possibility of launching of a third party around issues of citizen empowerment, public access, and...
- The Political Elite Readjusts Itself. Rendon, Joel Estudillo // Business Mexico;May2003, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p20
Describes the political condition in Mexico. Significance of the results of the election on the political parties in the country; Implication of the fine charged to the Institutional Revolutionary Party for its failure to report the multimillion peso income from the Petroleos Mexicanos workers'...