- Raising awareness of men's risk of premature death. White, Alan // Nursing Standard;8/14/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p35
There is growing evidence to suggest that men are at increased risk of premature death from a broad range of health conditions. With the government's mandate to reduce premature death, it is necessary to have an understanding of the health challenges faced by men. This article provides an...
- Geographic disparity in premature mortality in Ontario, 1992-1996. Altmayer, Chris A.; Hutchison, Brian G.; Torrance-Rynard, Vicki L.; Hurley, Jeremiah; Birch, Stephen; Eyles, John D. // International Journal of Health Geographics;2003, Vol. 2, p7
Background: Standardized mortality ratios are used to identify geographic areas with higher or lower mortality than expected. This article examines geographic disparity in premature mortality in Ontario, Canada, at three geographic levels of population and considers factors that may underlie...
- Mortalidade infantil na percepÃ§Ã£o de gestores e profissionais de saÃºde: determinantes do seu declÃnio e desafios atuais em municÃpio do sul do Brasil. Pedrozo Pizzo, Lígia Goes; de Andrade, Selma Maffei; Rigo Silva, Ana Maria; Melchior, Regina; González, Alberto Durán // SaÃºde e Sociedade;2014, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p908
This study aimed to analyze the perception of health managers and professionals of determinants for the decline in infant mortality over the last decades, as well as the challenges to keep on reducing the values of this indicator in Londrina, ParanÃ¡, Brazil. A qualitative research was...
- Can progesterone prevent preterm birth? Armstrong, Joanne; Nageotte, Michael // Contemporary OB/GYN;Oct2005, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p30
Examines the efficacy of progesterone in preventing premature births. Infant mortality related to prematurity; Overview of research focusing on the ability of progesterone to prevent prematurity; Patient adherence and the challenge to self-administration.
- Unemployment, health and moderating factors: the need for targeted health promotion. Hollederer, Alfons // Journal of Public Health (09431853);Dec2015, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p319
Aim: The aim of the review is to identify and assess moderator variables for the association between unemployment and health. Subjects and methods: As a social determinant of health, mass unemployment is a major challenge for public health. Health promotion among the unemployed is...
- Causes of prematurity in the Bloemfontein Academic Complex. Brits, H.; Adriaanse, M.; Rall, D.-M.; Van Biljon, M.; Van der Walt, A.; Joubert, G. // South African Family Practice;2015, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p223
Background: Prematurity is globally the leading cause of neonatal mortality, morbidity and long-term disability. The Millennium Development Goals (MDG) of the United Nations, and specifically MDG 4, address child mortality. Neonatal mortality rates contribute to 37% of all under-five mortality,...
- Median age at death as an indicator of premature mortality. Jannerfeldt, Eric; Horte, Lars-Gunnar // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);3/5/1988, Vol. 296 Issue 6623, p678
Determines the median age at death to indicate the premature mortality. Calculation of median age at death from diseases; Indication on the impact of diseases in terms of premature mortality; Increase of the median age at death for the cancer of the cervix among women.
- Overcoming recruitment barriers revealed high readiness to participate and low dropout rate among people with schizophrenia in a randomized controlled trial testing the effect of a Guided Self-Determination intervention. Jørgensen, Rikke; Munk-Jørgensen, Povl; Lysaker, Paul H.; Buck, Kelly D.; Hansson, Lars; Zoffmann, Vibeke // BMC Psychiatry;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background Recruitment is one of the most serious challenges in performing randomized controlled trials. Often clinical trials with participants diagnosed with schizophrenia are terminated prematurely because of recruitment challenges resulting in a considerable waste of resources in the form of...
- Health problems in childhood: challenges from treatment to prevention. Moreira, Maria Elisabeth Lopes // Revista CiÃªncia & SaÃºde Coletiva;2010, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p319
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses articles on children mortality determinants, accident prevention, and breastfeeding of premature babies.
- Wel done Dan, but can you do it at Bridge? James Olley // Evening Standard;10/ 2/2014, p74
arsenal 4 galatasaray 1 NEVER MIND the absurdly premature comparisons with Thierry Henry, Danny Welbeck has a far more immediate challenge to overcome.