- MEDIA CHOICE. Keswani, Satty G. // Medical Marketing & Media;Dec2003, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on the importance of the "Journal of Fertility and Sterility." Discussion of sexually transmitted infections; Factors affecting the decline of fertility rates; Assessment of health hazards.
- Increase in sexual infections among middle-aged people. // Nursing Standard;8/20/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p14
This article reports on the increase in sexual infections among middle-aged people. It discusses that there is a need to develop sexual health programs for older people. Although there is increased professional, political, and public recognition of the public health significance of sexually...
- UK national guideline for the management of Genital Molluscum in adults, 2014 Clinical Effectiveness Group, British Association for Sexual Health and HIV. Fernando, Imali; Pritchard, Jill; Edwards, Sarah K.; Grover, Deepa // International Journal of STD & AIDS;Sep2015, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p687
The article presents a national guideline for the management of genital molluscum in adults by the British Association for Sexual Health and HIV infection. Details include sexual diagnosis and treatment for effective management of genital molluscom and treatment for sexually transmitted...
- Classification Debate. Houlton, Sarah // Pharmaceutical Executive;May2005, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p22
The article presents information on the reclassification of HIV/AIDS. According to Great Britain's House of Commons Health Select Committee, HIV/AIDS should be reclassified as a sexually transmitted infection. This would mean that drug treatment would become free for all patients. The committee...
- Strategies to promote sexual health. Ritchie, Gillian A. // Nursing Standard;8/9/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p35
This article examines trends in sexually transmitted infections in the UK. Screening, treatment and education of adults and adolescents are discussed. Suggestions are made for improvements to sexual health, as outlined in The National Strategy for Sexual Health and HIV (Department of Health 2001).
- The practice of STI treatment among chemists and druggists in Pokhara, Nepal. Bista, K. P.; Chaudhary, P.; Slanger, T. E.; khan, M. H. // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Jun2002, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p223
Presents a letter to the editor about the role of chemists in treatment of sexually transmitted infections.
- Sexually transmitted infections: Prevalence, knowledge and treatment practices among female sex workers in a cosmopolitan city in Nigeria. Sekoni, Adekiem O.; Odukoya, Oluwakemi O.; Onajole, Adebayo T.; Odeyemi, Kofoworola A. // African Journal of Reproductive Health;Mar2013, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p94
Sexually transmitted infections constitute economic burden for developing countries, exposure to causative agents is an occupational hazard for female sex workers. Targeted interventions for this population can reduce the incidence and prevalence of sexually transmitted infections including...
- Chlamydia is Ontario's number one STI. TURCOTTE, BRADLEY // Xtra (Toronto);2/21/2013, Issue 739, p25
The article reveals chlamydia as the number one sexually transmitted infection (STI) in Ontario, according to findings from the confidential bathhouse project of the Ottawa Public Health (OPH).
- CDC: STIs continue to rise. // Contemporary Sexuality;Jan2010, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced that sexually transmitted infections (STIs) continue to be a public health concern in the U.S.
- Lessons for Management of Sexually Transmitted Infection Treatment Programs as Part of HIV/AIDS Prevention Strategies. McKay, Julienne; Campbell, David; Goiter, Anna Cornelia // American Journal of Public Health;Oct2006, Vol. 96 Issue 10, p1760
We analyzed the treatment schedule of a long-running HIV/AIDS prevention program in Managua, Nicaragua, that targets sex workers through mass and specific clinic based treatment of sexually transmitted infections and confirmed the role of frequency of treatment in generating a sustained...