- Kulcsar Lecture 2014: Recent Changes in Cervical Screening in Canada. McLachlin, C. Meg // Canadian Journal of Pathology;Spring2015, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p19
The article discusses changes in procedure of cervical cancer screening in Canada. Topics discussed include the introduction of human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccination, role of laboratory community in determining the future of cervical cancer prevention in Canada, and a table listing cervical...
- Bye bye pap tests? // Herizons;Fall98, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p11
Reports that drugs company Merck and Co. is developing a vaccine to prevent cervical cancer. Human papilloma virus (HPV) as cause of the cancer.
- 2 NEW WAYS TO WIN THE WAR ON STDs. Levine, Halle // Glamour;Mar2003, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p141
Discusses the effectiveness of vaccination in fighting sexually transmitted diseases in the U.S. Protection offered by a cervical cancer vaccine to women from human papilloma virus 16; Use of the vaccine in wiping out cervical cancer among women; Function of a genital herpes vaccine in building...
- It's time for more public schools to join the fight against cervical cancer. Wellisch, Lawren D.; Brown, Benjamin P. // Infectious Diseases in Children;May2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p7
The article presents author's views regarding advantages of human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine in reducing rate of cervical cancer.
- HPV vaccine can help prevent cervical cancer. Melrose, Erica // St. Charles Journal;11/14/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 46, pB10
The article discusses how the administration of human papilloma virus vaccines, particularly Gardasil, can help prevent cervical cancer.
- Clew wins GSK's cancer vaccine. // PRWeek (London);2/29/2008, p12
The article reports on the success of Clew Communications to get a combined account for GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK) cervical cancer vaccine, Cervarix. Clew aims to help GSK spread the message that women need protection from human papilloma virus (HPV) and the combined benefits of cervical screening...
- HPV vaccine: End to women's major health problem? Somasundaram, Kumaravel // Indian Journal of Medical Research;Jun2008, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p511
The article stresses the need for the availability and use of human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine in India. It cites some of the relevant issues to consider prior to implementing the HPV vaccination programme such as age at which vaccination to be given, vaccination of men and cost of vaccine....
- HPV jab is beneficial even after Ca treatment. // Pulse;4/4/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p9
The article focuses on the benefits of human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccination among women even after cervical cancer treatment, according to a research led by doctor Elmar Joura.
- Share the Word during National Immunization Month: HPV Vaccine Saves Lives. Culwell, Kelly // La Prensa San Diego;8/8/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 32, p4
The article offers the author's view on the importance of undergoing routine vaccination of human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine to prevent HPV and cervical cancer.
- Research digest. // Nursing Children & Young People;Jul2012, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p10
The article provides information on studies carried out on the human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine. It describes studies including one on acceptance and side effects of human papilloma virus vaccine, another one on school nurses' experiences of delivering the UK HPV vaccination programme in its...