THOUGHTS ON THE BUSINESS OF LIFE
- UK Credit Crisis: Buckingham Palace Vows to Fight On Even Against Starvation. // International Economy;Fall2008, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p6
The article presents a quote from former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill on the credit crisis.
- REPLY. // American Notes & Queries;Mar/Apr83, Vol. 21 Issue 7/8, p117
Deals with a quotation of Winston Churchill, a former British prime minister.
- A Guide for Grownups (Book). Jones, Trevelyn E.; Toth, Luann; Charnizon, Marlene; Grabarek, Daryl; Larkins, Jeanne; Connally, Molly // School Library Journal;Aug2002, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p224
Reviews the book 'A Guide for Grown-ups: Essential Wisdom from the Collected Works of Antoine de Saint-Exup Ã© ry,' edited by Antoine de Saint-Exup Ã© ry and Anna Marlis Burgard.
- Untitled. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);11/15/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p4
This section presents a quotation from U.S. political figure Winston Churchill. He argues that the power of the Executive to put a man into prison without developing any charge known to the law is considered to be the highest degree odious. It is also the foundation of all totalitarian type of...
- OFF THE RECORD. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Nov2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p54
Features quotations from Winston Churchill that have met the test of time.
- Ponder These Things. // Christianity Today;May2006, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p54
This article presents quotes from notable people in Christianity. Antoine de Saint-ExupÃ©ry said it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. Brian McLaren said being right is not enough. We should also need to be wise. And loving. And patient....
- 'Rears' and 'Vices' in Mansfield Park. Southam, Brian // Essays in Criticism;Jan2002, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p23
Focuses on the criticisms of senior officer on the proposal of Winston Churchill about radical reforms. Views of Churchill on naval traditions; Allusion of critics and biographers on sodomy; Accounts on the puritanical correctness of a joke.
- A Blush for Cleopatra. // Time;5/7/1951, Vol. 57 Issue 19, p33
The article presents a quote from Russian statesman Andrei Gromyko about the Korean War and British Prime Minister Winston Churchill.
- QUOTES. Axel, Peter // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Feb1951, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p64
The article presents quotes related to nuclear science. Winston Churchill suggests that the superiority of the United States depends on their weapons that give them chance for survival. The "Grand Soviet Encyclopedia" states that the explosions in Hiroshima and Nagasaki caused not so much...