Access to health care among status Aboriginal people with chronic kidney disease
- NEPHROLOGY. // New York;6/14/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p70
Presents information about the top nephrologists in New York. Specialization; Contact information.
- RELOCATING FROM THE MUSHKEGOWUK TERRITORY FOR HEMODIALYSIS: THE CREE ILLNESS EXPERIENCE AND PERCEIVED QUALITY OF LIFE. Kolewaski, Carrie D.; Paterson, Margo L.; Yeates, Karen E.; King-Van Vlack, Cheryl E. // Pimatisiwin: A Journal of Aboriginal & Indigenous Community Heal;Winter2011, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p103
Remote Aboriginal communities in Canada struggle with the impact of end-stage kidney disease (ESKD). Hemodialysis (HD) is the most common modality for renal replacement therapy, which often necessitates moving to urban centres. This investigation describes the illness experience of Cree from the...
- Chapter 12. Diagnosis of CKD in adults. // Clinical & Experimental Nephrology;Jun2009, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p218
This article presents information about diagnosis of chronic kidney disease (CKD) in adults. Many cases of chronic kidney disease (CKD) are related to, so there is a need to modify lifestyles by diet and daily life education. It is opined that a CKD patient should be referred to a nephrologist...
- Nephrology in South East Asia: Fact and concept. Sitprija, Visith // Kidney International Supplement;Feb2003, Issue 83, p128
Nephrology in South East Asia: Fact and concept. The developing countries of South East Asia lie within the tropics. Renal disease in this region represents the interaction between the kidney and the environment abetted by low levels of socioeconomic development in many areas. Together with...
- Ancient art delivers modern health advice. BESTEL, MARYVONNE // Australian Nursing Journal;Dec2010/Jan2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p42
The article discusses the Western Desert Kidney Health Project in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia, which uses ancient sand-drawing techniques to educate the Aboriginal population about preventing kidney disease.
- PEDIATRIC NEPHROLOGY. // New York;6/14/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p86
Presents information about the top pediatric nephrologists in New York. Specialization; Contact information.
- International Society of Nephrology. // Kidney International;Apr2005, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p1649
Announces the membership in the International Society of Nephrology. Role of the society in the worldwide advancement of education, science, and patient care in nephrology; Contact information; Announcements of meetings related to nephrology.
- Integrated approaches to prevention and control of chronic conditions. Epping-Jordan, JoAnne E. // Kidney International Supplement;Sep2005, Issue 98, pS86
Integrated approaches to prevention and control of chronic conditions. Chronic conditions currently account for more than 50% of the global disease burden, and this figure is projected to continue to rise. Yet, around the world, health care systems are not organized to provide effective and...
- Primary care management of chronic kidney disease. Allen, Adrienne; Forman, John; Orav, E.; Bates, David; Denker, Bradley; Sequist, Thomas; Allen, Adrienne S; Forman, John P; Orav, E John; Bates, David W; Denker, Bradley M; Sequist, Thomas D // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Apr2011, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p386
Background:Chronic kidney disease (CKD) causes substantial morbidity and mortality; however, there are limited data to comprehensively assess quality of care in this area. Objective:To assess quality of care for CKD according to patient risk and identify correlates of...