Morals, medicine and geography
- CHRISTIAN HORIZONS APPEALS RULING. // Xtra (Toronto);1/1/2009, Issue 631, p13
This article reveals that a number of groups have been seeking intervener status in Christian Horizons' (CH) appeal of an Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC) ruling.
- OHRC to Survey. // HR Professional;Jan2013, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p13
The article focuses on a survey launched by the Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC) on the description of "Canadian Experience" requirements in the Ontario job market.
- Working to remove barriers. // Update of the Ontario Secondary School Teachers' Federation;2014/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on employed Canadians with disabilities and the way they cope up with their infirmities particularly with the release of the Policy on the prevention of discrimination by the Ontario Human Right Commission.
- Christian business told it can't discriminate. Rau, Krishna // Xtra (Toronto);5/8/2008, Issue 614, p7
The article reports on the ruling issued by a tribunal of the Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC) that Christian Horizons (CH), an evangelical organization providing care for developmentally disabled people in group homes, cannot discriminate against queer employees.
- The right to an unfair trial. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;10/31/94, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p26
Reports from an article in the September 1994 issue of the `Mackenzie Newsletter,' that just how far the human rights industry in Canada has gone towards deconstructing the basic tenets of natural justice is obvious. The Ontario Human Rights Commission's adoption of three new policies that will...
- Untitled. // Body Politic;Apr78, Issue 42, p6
Presents information on the tribute received by Ontario Human Rights Commission Chairperson Dorothea Crittenden on March 13, 1978. Government officials who attended the event.
- Gays address rights review hearing. Mossop, Brian // Body Politic;Aug76, Issue 25, p7
Presents information on the brief presented by the Coalition for Gay Rights in Ontario (CGRO) on June 17, 1976 to the review committee of the Ontario Human Rights Commission. Background on the review committee; Details of the brief; Gay rights issues discussed in the brief.
- Ad refused, OHRC head passes buck. // Body Politic;Jan/Feb75, Issue 17, p7
Reports on the refusal of Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC) to deal effectively with cases of discrimination against gay people as implicated in a case involving Glad Day Books, a Toronto gay liberation book shop. Complaint filed by Glad Day proprietor Jearled Moldenhauer against "The...
- CHRISTIAN BUSINESS TO APPEAL HUMAN RIGHTS RULING. Rau, Krishna // Xtra (Toronto);5/22/2008, Issue 615, p17
The article reports on the plan of Christian Horizons (CH), an evangelical organization that provides care for developmentally disabled people in group homes, to appeal the Ontario Human Rights Commission's (OHRC) finding that it discriminated against a lesbian employee.