Children are waiting for care and answers
- Case Report: Amyand's Hernia: (Incarcerated Right congenital Indirect Inguinal hernia due to Inflamed Appendix). Ali, Tarik Ibrahem // International Journal of Collaborative Research on Internal Medi;May2012, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p478
Introduction: Acute appendicitis is a common condition most often occurring in children and young people. A Congenital Inguinal Hernia is also a common condition to be presented at the surgical clinics, when the hernial contents are usually found to be either a Loop of Bowel, Appendix, Bladder...
- A novel technique for laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair in children: single-port laparoscopic percutaneous extraperitoneal closure assisted by an optical forceps. Yilmaz, Engin; Afsarlar, Cagatay; Senel, Emrah; Cavusoglu, Yusuf; Karaman, Ibrahim; Karaman, Ayse; Ozguner, Ismet // Pediatric Surgery International;Jul2015, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p639
Aim: The aim of this study was to describe and report the results of our new pediatric inguinal hernia repair technique, in which single-port laparoscopic percutaneous extraperitoneal closure (SPEC) technique was modified by using optical foreign-body forceps (OFF) of the rigid bronchoscope....
- Two-year experience with minimally invasive herniorrhaphy in children. Spurbeck, W. W.; Prasad, R.; Lobe, T. E. // Surgical Endoscopy;Apr2005, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p551
Background: Laparoscopic herniorrhaphy in pediatrics is rarely performed. We evaluated our 2-year experience of minimally invasive inguinal herniorrhaphy in children. Methods: All procedures were performed under general anesthesia using<2-mm instruments and scopes and a surgical awl to...
- Laparoscopic repair of incarcerated inguinal hernia. A safe and effective procedure to adopt in children. Esposito, C.; Turial, S.; Alicchio, F.; Enders, J.; Castagnetti, M.; Krause, K.; Settimi, A.; Schier, F. // Hernia;Apr2013, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p235
Background: The purpose of our retrospective study was to describe the efficacy and the advantages of laparoscopic approach to treat incarcerated inguinal hernia (IIH) in pediatric patients. Methods: In a 2-year period, 601 children underwent a laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair, 46 (7.6 %) of...
- Inguinal hernia. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Oct1996, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p1
Describes the conditions associated with inguinal hernia. Occurrence of the disease more common in men; Symptoms and causes; Complications of hernia; Types of surgical procedures to correct the condition. INSET: Getting back on your feet after hernia surgery..
- Contralateral Metachronous Hernia Following Negative Laparoscopic Evaluation for Contralateral Patent Processus Vaginalis: A Meta-analysis. Zhong, Hongji; Wang, Furan // Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques;Feb2014, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p111
Objective: To conduct a meta-analysis of contralateral metachronous inguinal hernia (CMIH) that originated from negative laparoscopic evaluation for contralateral patent processus vaginalis (CPPV) in children who presented with a unilateral inguinal hernia and to determine the incidence of and...
- Soft-tissue images. Appendiceal inguinal hernia. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Aug2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p277
Examines the development of appendicitis in a 65-year-old man with inguinal hernia. Observation of rectal bleeding; Indication of sigmoid diverticular disease; Formation of multiple fecaliths.
- Weight gain: A possible factor in deciding timing for inguinal hernia repair in premature infants. Desch, Larry W.; DeJonge, Mitchell H. // Clinical Pediatrics;May1996, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p251
Determines whether improved weight gain follows inguinal hernia repair in premature infants. Association of inguinal hernia with poor weight gain; Comparison of demographic and growth data on premature infants; Weight gain as additional factor in determining the appropriate time to do surgical...
- Herniography following indirect hernioplasty using the marlex `mesh plug' technique. Kahn, Arthur M.; Hamlin, J. Andrew // American Surgeon;Nov95, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p947
Examines hernia operations in patients using indirect inguinal herniorrhaphies using a mesh plug technique without ligation of the hernia sac. Herniogram procedure; Usefulness of herniography as a diagnostic tool.