Free bed softens the blow
- One-sided: The new standard? Perry, David // Furniture/Today;2/10/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the introduction of one-sided Sealy Posturepedic bedding into the retail market. Increase of bedding sales; Change of brand volume into single-sided beds; Response of consumers to the product. INSET: Posturepedic at a glance.
- Sealy forms Orthopedic Advisory Board. // Furniture/Today;1/29/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p66
The article reports on the establishment of the Orthopedic Advisory Board by Sealy Corp. in Archdale, North Carolina. The board, which will consist of orthopedic surgeons and clinicians, will handle developments and innovations which will help contribute to the orthopedic health to consumers and...
- Sealy looks to give equity holders dividend payoff of up to $100M. Baird, Kristen // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/27/97, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p7
Reports on Cleveland, Ohio-based Sealy Corp.'s plans to pay an estimated $100 million in special dividends to its equity investors. Request for permission from holders of senior bonds to issue the dividend payoff; Previous issuance of dividend payment in May 1996; Preconditions before Sealy...
- Sealy winds down year with $230 MM. // High Yield Report;12/8/97, Vol. 8 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the $230 million deal by the Sealy company, a maker of bedding bedding products, based in Cleveland, Ohio, following the announcement that it will be recapitalized and purchased by Bain Capital along with another management team. How the money will be used; Name of company leading...
- Sealy sneaks in. // High Yield Report;12/15/97, Vol. 8 Issue 48, p5
Detailed information on the Sealy Mattress Corporation's $200 million offering to recapitalize the company. Detailed information on offering; Reference to the Goldman Sachs company and others; details on the tranches.
- Staff levels rise in ...1m Sealy spend. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/07/97, Issue 5063, p5
Focuses on bed manufacturer Sealy's increase in its staffing numbers as it prepares for an investment. Total worth of the investment; Employment levels targeted by the company by the end of 1997; Comment by John Hancock, manufacturing director for Sealy.
- Mattress warranties prove to be a hot topic. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;11/27/2006 Supplement, Vol. 31, p24
The article discusses the topic warranty on bedding. Several speakers identified it as one of the key issues at the recently held bedding conference. They insisted on the reduction in industry-standard of 10 years whereas, only 2 years warranty was offered in many other big-ticket consumer...
- Spring in your sleep. // Cabinet Maker;8/15/2008, Issue 5601, p16
The article presents a comparison of pocket spring beds including Salus Collection from Breasley, Epsom bed from Carlton Furniture and Sealy Posture Pocket Collection from Sealy Corp.
- Sealy shortens warranty on new promo line. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;1/1/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p16
The article reports that the bedding company Sealy will reduce the warranty period to 3 years. Philip Dobbs the senior vice president of Sealy marketing states that research has indicated that consumers will not object the move and the retailers and the industry will accept the decision....