A test for bulky goods
- Shopping all night long. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/6/95, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p34
Reports that on December 1, 1994, the British government lifted legal restrictions on shop opening hours, enabling shopkeepers to choose their own opening hours.
- Calif. retailers urged to conserve. Desjardins, Doug // DSN Retailing Today;2/19/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the problem faced by retail store operators in California with the state-mandated restriction on exterior lighting. Executive order issued by Governor Gray Davis which requires retail store operators to reduce outdoor lighting; Reactions of retailers to the law; Efforts of retailers...
- Supermarket backed to keep town trade. // Planning (14672073);1/22/2010, Issue 1852, p23
The article reports on the move of Scottish ministers to overrule a reporter's recommendation and allow a Sainsbury's store in a Highland town on the grouns that it will minimize retial expenditure leakage in Scotland.
- Shop change power urged. // Planning (14672073);7/30/2010, Issue 1879, p1
The article reports on the changes to the Use Classes Order which will protect small shops from being converted into beauty salons and cybercafÃ©s in Great Britain.
- State takes video store for taxes. Knight, Chris // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/1/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 103, pA1
The article reports on the closure of Broadway Video and Games, situated at 7 Broadway and owned by Debra Conway, for not able to pay 6,000 dollars in taxes in Saranac Lake in 2010.
- A non-sign of the times. Sillars, Les // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/4/94, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p13
Reports that concerns about Banff's reputation as a preservationist community prompted town council officials to reject an application for a store-front sign which read `Hunting World.' Implications of this decision.
- Big-box battle drags on. McCutcheon, Ron // Inside Tucson Business;11/12/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 34, p1
Reports on public hearings on amendments to the so-called Big Box Ordinance, which regulates large retail establishments in Tucson, Arizona. Specification of design criteria for large retail establishments; Neighborhood groups' concerns on how the big boxes which abut residential areas affect...
- Stores await policy check. // Planning (14672073);2/12/2010, Issue 1855, p4
The article reports on the postponement of a hearing by North Norfolk District Council on rival store proposals for Sheringham to assess the effect of new planning policies issued in 2009 in Great Britain.
- Was it sun or Sunday's longer opening times? Phillips, Beth; Hegarty, Ronan // Grocer;7/28/2012, p5
The article reports that shops across England and Wales were allowed to open for more than six hours on Sunday before the start of the 2012 London Olympics, following the decision of the British government to allow stores with 3,000 square feet of area to trade for longer on the eight Sundays...