Stag up for sale, with debts of _GCP_7m
- Sellar's fallen empire is wound up. // Estates Gazette;8/10/2002, Issue 232, p26
Reports on the liquidation of Irvine Sellar's property company Ford Sellar Morris in 2002. Reason for the company's collapse; Book value of the company according to KPMG Peat Marwick; Description of the liquidation process.
- Brand talks continue. // Cabinet Maker;09/01/2000, Issue 5203, p1
Reports on the need for British company Stag administrator KPMG to sell the Jaycee and Bridgecraft brands.
- Stag: let the bidding commence. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;08/18/2000, Issue 5201, p1
Reports that Stag administrator KPMG has opened negotiations with potential buyers of the group.
- Receiverships double since new year. // Accountancy;May90, Vol. 105 Issue 1161, p11
This article reports on the increasing number of British companies filing for bankruptcy, according to figures released by KPMG Peat Marwick LLP International Services in 1990. For the first quarter of 1990 there were 543 receiverships compared with 260 for the same period in 1989, showing an...
- Shareholders consider action. // Accountancy;Jan1992, Vol. 109 Issue 1181, p9
Focuses on shareholders' expression of concern over KPMG Peat Marwick's role as auditor of the failed hairdressing group, Alan Paul. Collapse of the Great Britain-based company within a few months of receiving a clean audit report; Investigation by Coopers; Launch of a rights issue.
- More firms will collapse, say rumours. // Accountancy;Jan1991, Vol. 107 Issue 1169, p11
This article reports on several speculations about the possibility that more accounting firms will collapse in the U.S. following Laventhol & Horwarth's application for protection under the bankruptcy code and the break-up of the U.S. arm of Spicer & Oppenheim as of January 1991. With the...
- KPMG Peat Marwick embarks on national television campaign. // CPA Journal;Nov93, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p8
Reports on KPMG Peat Marwick's first national television commercial. Taking advantage of position as the world's largest accountancy firm; Highlight of response to client needs; Campaign as part of a three-year plan.
- KPMG Peat Marwick offers a `CEO Hotline' on compensation issues. // Corporate Board;May/Jun92, Vol. 13 Issue 74, p28
Focuses on KPMG Peat Marwick's creation of a special `CEO Hotline' telephone service in its Houston office for publicly held companies. Services offered to chief executive officers and directors; Schedule of daily operations.
- KPMG Peat Marwick tops ranking. L.L. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/06/96, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p30
Reports that KPMG Peat Marwick's leads `Long Island Business News' newspaper's ranking of top accounting firms.