On the fifth day
- School of thought. Jarman, Robert // Cabinet Maker;06/25/99, Issue 5143, p27
Recounts the author's experience as a delegate of the Worshipful Company of Furniture Makers' Retail Management Course. Pre-course literature; Information provided; Itinerary; Day-by-day experiences.
- Master class. // Cabinet Maker;06/01/2001, Issue 5240, p20
Focuses on the Retail Management Course hosted by the Worshipful Company of Furniture Makers in Northamptonshire, England. Course supervisors; Lecture topics; Course highlights.
- Texas Tech Retail Program Wins Cotton Incorporated Grant. // Cotton Grower;Jan2015, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on an educational grant presented by Cotton Incorporated for the retail management program in Texas Techn University's College of Human Sciences which allows the college to offer a class focused on cotton. The scope of the class curriculum include the life span of cotton and...
- APPENDIX A: ACADEMIC PROGRAMS. Miller, Richard K.; Washington, Kelli // Retail Business Market Research Handbook;2015/2016, p270
An appendix is presented of various academic programs for retail management and merchandising in U.S. universities.
- SURVIVAL TRAINING. Herreras, Mari // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jan2007, Vol. 21 Issue 1, pC6
The article reports on recommendations, tips and ideas discussed by business consultant Margie Johnson at a retail business workshop sponsored by the Washington State Department of Community, Trade and Economic Development in November 2006 at the Wenatchee Convention Center. Johnson focused on...
- Hot new options. // India Today;6/13/2011, p55
The article presents information on several courses being offered at colleges and universities in India in 2011. The jewelry management course is being offered at the University of Mumbai while a retail management course is being offered at the Jagan Institute of Management Studies in New Delhi....
- How to Make 2000 Your Best Year Ever. Dossenbach, Tom // Wood & Wood Products;Nov99, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p85
Discusses management issues facing furniture companies in year 2000. Report of the American Management Association; Case study on a mid-western furniture company; Reaction of companies to the challenges.
- Q&A. // Cabinet Maker;06/12/98, Issue 5092, p6
Responds to inquiries related to the management of furniture companies in Great Britain. Dealing with customer complaints about beds; Provision of the Supply of Goods Act.
- The national buy. Quinlan, Maria // Buildings;Sep97, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p36
Discusses how national furniture suppliers offer greater centralized control and single-source pricing advantages to corporate purchasing managers. How to solve difficulties and challenges in standardizing the interiors of expanding number of facilities; How to benefit from contract pricing on...