Act now or wave goodbye to your customers
- Ikea to assemble 20 new stores and cut prices. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;06/23/2000, Issue 5193, p2
Discloses Ikea's plans for increasing the number of its furniture stores in Great Britain, which would reach 30 by 2010.
- Ikea remains king of hearts and purses. // Cabinet Maker;12/27/2002, Issue 5319, p5
Discusses consumer research conducted by 'Cabinet Maker' magazine in February 2002, which shows that Ikea is the biggest and most popular furniture retailer in Great Britain. Comparison with other retailers such as DFS, Courts and John Lewis; Percentage of consumers that prefer to shop at...
- Persuading shoppers to go the extra mile. // Cabinet Maker;12/27/2002, Issue 5319, p34
Discusses consumer research conducted by 'Cabinet Maker' magazine, which determines the distance that furniture shoppers in Great Britain are willing to travel to find what they want. Ways in which furniture retailer Ikea has convinced its customers that travel distance is not a problem; Need...
- Ikea opens Md. store with 'Jeannie's' help. // Furniture/Today;7/28/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p22
Reports on the opening of home furnishings specialty retailer Ikea's store in College Park, Maryland. Festivities held.
- Ikea finds a home in Brooklyn. Racine, Theresa // New York Amsterdam News;10/31/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 44, p32
Reports on the launch of a store of furniture manufacturing company Ikea AB in New York City, New York. Estimated number of jobs created by the store; Proposal of the company to solve traffic problems due to its store's location; Plans of the company to expand its store.
- Green light for Ikea in Glasgow. // Cabinet Maker;11/17/2000, Issue 5214, p2
Reports on the Scotland government's approval of Ikea's proposal to open a furniture store in Glasgow.
- GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;6/20/2003, Issue 5343, p31
Presents news briefs of interest to furniture retailers as of June 20, 2003. Environmental protection campaign of Ikea's Canadian staff; British councilors' demand for outgoing mayors to pay the full price of their office furniture.
- Yes and no to planning. // Cabinet Maker;7/30/2004, Issue 5399, p5
Reports on the decision of Ikea not to open another store in Sheffield, England.
- Wind of change. Barnett, David // Cabinet Maker;01/08/99, Issue 5120, p10
Focuses on the success of furniture retailer Ikea in the British market. Number of Ikea stores in Great Britain; Layout of Ikea stores; Differences between Ikea and British furniture retailers; Changing consumer needs; Areas that the British furniture industry needs to improve in order to...