Rosebys bid adds value to Harveys
- Rosebys in talks to take over Harveys. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;06/09/2000, Issue 5191/5192, p1
Reports on the plan of British home furnishings and bed retailer Rosebys to buy furniture company Harveys Furnishing. Confirmation that Rosebys was the only potential buyer; Features that make Harveys attractive to Rosebys.
- Rosebys on the prowl. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;06/09/2000, Issue 5191/5192, p8
Focuses on the advantages of the plan of British home furnishings company Rosebys to buy furniture company Harveys Furnishings.
- Excess funds and agency problems: an empirical study of incremental cash disbursements. Lie, E // Review of Financial Studies;Spring2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p219
This study investigates the excess funds hypothesis using samples of special dividends, regular dividend increases, and self-tender offers. All three types of firms tend to have funds in excess of industry norms before the events. The excess funds are largely nonrecurring for special dividend...
- MFI shares rise 8%. // Cabinet Maker;06/25/99, Issue 5143, p5
Announces an eight percent in increase in MFI shares on June 21, 1999 following reports of a Wal-Mart bid.
- GigOptix announces launch of modified Dutch auction tender offer to purchase up to $2.0 million of its common stock. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;3/30/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p2
The article discusses the launch of a modified Dutch auction tender offer by GigOptix Inc. for the purchase of its shares of common stock, offering to purchase up to two million U.S. dollars worth of its common stock at a price between 3.10 U.S. dollars and 2.85 U.S. dollars. The expiration of...
- Financings roundup. // Medical Device Daily;3/12/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 48, p3
The article reports on a tender offer of WebMD Health to buy up to 5.8 million shares of its common stock at a price of 45.80 U.S. dollars per share.
- No Kudos from the Market for CACI. Appin, Rick // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;09/27/99, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the buyout of CACI International Corp., a computer-based information technology and systems engineering provider. Stake acquired by former CACI Director Alan Parsow; Stock price of CACI; Amount of market cap CACI might see in the buyout; Comments by CACI Chairman and Chief Executive...
- Southwest Ups Bid, Auction Set for Thursday. Creedy, Kathryn B. // Aviation Today's Daily Brief;8/11/2009, p1
The article examines Southwest's decision to increase its bid for Frontier. The decision was made following a massive decline in airline stocks, leading to suspicions among observers of the deal. Under the bid, Southwest would continue operations of Frontier's 57 remaining routes, giving the...
- Repurchase Tender Offers, Signaling, and Managerial Incentives. Vermaelen, Theo // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Jun84, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p163
The article presents a financial model that analyzes repurchase tender offers within a signaling framework. Some of the considerations involved in the model include executive and management compensation agreements, the value of any market-derived benefits considered part of the management...